1-3-1

jason2486

Threads like this are pointless, as we aren't coaches at practice, etc. But I would love to see us run 1-3-1 as our primary defense. I felt like it was our most effective D throughout the year. It saves the guys some energy as you aren't chasing guys off screens all day. Also, it would allow us to play guys like Horne, Copeland, or McVeigh at the 2 or 3 more easily without worrying about them having to cover a 2 or 3. We could have tremendous length st the 2-5.  Also, it creates a situation similar to our 90s fb team. Just like when teams had to prepare for the option once a year, our opponents would be gearing up for the 1-3-1 that they hardly ever see. Sprinkle in some of the 2-2-1 press we always go to too late, and I think we see some great things! Probably doesn't happen, but I'd like to see it.

17 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I shut the laptop when she comes in the room when I'm on this forum...I think she thinks I have a girlfriend.

What a cruel girlfriend Nebrasketball is. She leads you on, gives you hope, and then crushes your dreams. Yet you still keep coming back for more.

27 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

What a cruel girlfriend Nebrasketball is. She leads you on, gives you hope, and then crushes your dreams. Yet you still keep coming back for more.

nah Nebraskatball has us in her "Friends Zone" right now.

We are so deep in that zone she sends us nude pictures asking which are the best to send to her boyfriend.:blink:

Edited by Silverbacked1