Illinios

Jurgey

3 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Why would GM ever leave Creighton?

He wouldn't leave for Illinois. CU doesn't have to disclose his contract details as a private school, but rest assured he has enough security to not have to go chasing jobs like Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent floats his name in order to get his boss to pass the hat for a raise.

2 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Weird question...Groce started the same time Miles started.  Looking at his record it's better than Miles.  I'm glad Miles is getting another year, but what's he got on the AD.    What am I missing? 

groce was coaching a team in a recruiting hot bed that made the finals 10 years ago. miles was coaching a team that's never won an ncaa game. that's the difference.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, Nighthawk said:

Weird question...Groce started the same time Miles started.  Looking at his record it's better than Miles.  I'm glad Miles is getting another year, but what's he got on the AD.    What am I missing? 

We might compare Miles to Groce.  I don't think Illinois is.  I think they're probably comparing him to Chris Collins, who was hired a year later and has his team with zero history dancing.

23 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

We might compare Miles to Groce.  I don't think Illinois is.  I think they're probably comparing him to Chris Collins, who was hired a year later and has his team with zero history dancing.

I would think their measuring stick would be Bruce Weber who didn't win enough to keep his job but more than Groce.

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

It might not just be the wins and losses.  Hasn't the basketball players been in a lot of trouble off the court the last couple of years?

That didn't help at all

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/3/17/11258134/illinois-basketball-arrests-kendrick-nunn-jaylon-tate-leron-black