Okay I'll start it Who is coming back?

I think Watson will be leaving. He was in the doghouse earlier this year and towards the end of the year he seemed uninterested. Early in the year he and Tai were getting to the rim but he quit being aggressive in drives to the basket. I hope I'm wrong and that it was just tired legs/fatique.  

22 minutes ago, rr52 said:

I think Watson will be leaving. He was in the doghouse earlier this year and towards the end of the year he seemed uninterested. Early in the year he and Tai were getting to the rim but he quit being aggressive in drives to the basket. I hope I'm wrong and that it was just tired legs/fatique.  

Some of that is that everybody found out he could only go to his right.  Even tonight he went left for a dribble and then back to his right hand even though he was still on the left side of the lane.

His quickness got him past most but not everybody.  I also think that he is "tiny" and takes a beating.  By tiny I mean mostly muscle and bone and that takes a beating when you drive and hit the floor 5 or 6 times a night on lay ups.

4 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Some of that is that everybody found out he could only go to his right.  Even tonight he went left for a dribble and then back to his right hand even though he was still on the left side of the lane.

His quickness got him past most but not everybody.  I also think that he is "tiny" and takes a beating.  By tiny I mean mostly muscle and bone and that takes a beating when you drive and hit the floor 5 or 6 times a night on lay ups.

Agreed and especially when he draws contact but no foul is called. 

5 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I agree on Watson size. You could really tell the difference when he matched up against the Mich PG. 

2 hours ago, khoock said:

-Fuller possibly grad transfers for a bigger role. I could see him being a good player on low lvl D1 school.

-Horne might want to go somewhere with a better/easier shot at playing time. He's log jammed with Ed, MJ, Copeland, McVeigh, Roby and Fuller. And as it stands right now he's only ahead of Fuller and all the guys ahead of him have 2-3 years left.

-Palmer might be forced to go JUCO as it sounds like he might not qualify academically.

That's my top 3. I won't say I want any of them to transfer or leave but it would be beneficial to exchange a forward for a gaurd who can shoot or play point or both.

if we lose palmer, miles is going to have some serious work to do in finding some guards. glynn, anton, and taylor are not going to be enough to get it done.

1 hour ago, rr52 said:

why would he leave? he started  every game but 1 and is essentially the only point guard on the team.

Edited by TimSmiles

I am opting to wait until May 25, June 25, and Aug 28 before getting my hopes up with incoming and outgoing transfers. My suspicions tell me there's a date for when a player announces their commitment to the team for next season, a date for when they ask to be released from the team, and a date for when they transfer to or from a new school. I'm sure this has never happened before because we recruit class-act student athletes, but you never know.

3 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Webster is leaving.   No sense speculating until the players interview with staff and make a decision.  Tai is going to be difficult to replace.  The team did not function very well when he was not on the floor.  I hope all return and compete for playing time. 

We will replace Tai just fine.  Not a slam on the kid because he was our leader.  However, Shields was our leader last year and folks wondered how we would replace him.  Someone will step up and after next year if the person is a SR or JR who could leave like Petteway, we will all wonder who will fill the role.

Just now, colhusker said:

We will replace Tai just fine.  Not a slam on the kid because he was our leader.  However, Shields was our leader last year and folks wondered how we would replace him.  Someone will step up and after next year if the person is a SR or JR who could leave like Petteway, we will all wonder who will fill the role.

Shields played a lot better down the stretch than Tai did, unfortunately.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

Shields played a lot better down the stretch than Tai did, unfortunately.

True, Tai looked gassed for a few games and then gassed and frustrated as hell.  Part of me wishes Miles would have sat him more in the last few games when it was clear he was not adding anything.  The future could have been now.

Rashad Muhammad- SG from Miami, previously at San Jose State. Averaged 13.5 ppg over 2 seasons at SJSU while shooting 37.9% (134 for 354) from the 3pt line. Transferred to Miami, sat out, and is now transferring again it looks like. 6'6", 185 lbs

that is really it so far in terms of Grad transfers 

Another guy I'd like to keep my eye on pending on departures from our team...

Dante Williams- 7'0" 255lb redshirt freshman center from Kansas State. Former 4 star recruit in high school, he has offers from schools such as Purdue, Vanderbilt, TCU, and La Salle, among others 

34 minutes ago, colhusker said:

True, Tai looked gassed for a few games and then gassed and frustrated as hell.  Part of me wishes Miles would have sat him more in the last few games when it was clear he was not adding anything.  The future could have been now.

It was clear he was't adding anything? If that's what you saw I have to say you don't really get this basketball thing do you? 

3 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

It was clear he was't adding anything? If that's what you saw I have to say you don't really get this basketball thing do you? 

Get it quite well thank you.  20% shooting 3 to 5 turnovers a game is not adding much.  He hit a slump at the end and was in a funk.

Dean it was clear early on this year, he was the leader, he scored, played defense.  As I said above, he was clearly gassed at the end and not playing nearly as well.  Minutes in a blow out could have gone to a younger guy to get experience.

Edited by colhusker