Miles will be here for 2017-18

hhcmatt

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

Well there ya have it. Here's to hoping Miles can right the ship. Important offseason for the Huskers. The transfer rumors were not sounding great before this game so hopefully we don't have any major defections. 

And I'm sure you are disappointed that Tim will be back.

I'm honestly surprised about this. So my guess is SE doesn't want to get rid of Tim bc this was the perfect opportunity. 5 straight losses, 4 blowout losses including the largest home defeat ever, and a team that just looks defeated. 

Glad he's back, but can't say I'm as excited about next season as I was two weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

If you're gonna tweet that out the instant the game ends...why let it linger the past month?

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as far as timing goes.

Listen, I think the board will be split on if this is the right call or not. So, let's look past that for a moment.

What I think is, well, next year is obviously huge. There will still be a good amount of talent (I don't see too many guys leaving...) so your core is pretty strong. I think this is a wakeup call of sorts. They have to produce. It has to start early in the season. Your only known loss is Tai. 

I am still excited about next year. It starts now. Get in the gym, weight room, let this freefall never happen again. I don't honestly know if the future is "bright" but I do know there is a fair shot at getting to the tournament next year. Everyone has 7 months to get their mojo back. That's enough time. GBR