hhcdimes

Miles will be here for 2017-18

117 posts in this topic

Well there ya have it. Here's to hoping Miles can right the ship. Important offseason for the Huskers. The transfer rumors were not sounding great before this game so hopefully we don't have any major defections. 

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

Well there ya have it. Here's to hoping Miles can right the ship. Important offseason for the Huskers. The transfer rumors were not sounding great before this game so hopefully we don't have any major defections. 

And I'm sure you are disappointed that Tim will be back.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

If you're gonna tweet that out the instant the game ends...why let it linger the past month?

Because the AD doesn't make comments about coaches in season don't you know.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, uneblinstu said:

If you're gonna tweet that out the instant the game ends...why let it linger the past month?

Understatement of the year. 

Now let's just hope that the core of this team also comes back.  Doesn't look like a group of guys happy to play for this coaching staff.

Just now, aphilso1 said:

Now let's just hope that the core of this team also comes back.  Doesn't look like a group of guys happy to play for this coaching staff.

It really doesn't. 

I can live with this. Let's see how the roster changes/fills out. It will be an all or nothing season next year, though, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And I'm sure you are disappointed that Tim will be back.

I have said multiple times Miles should be back if Eichorst can't land one of his top guys. But, reading comprehension has always been a struggle for you. 

Why in the hell tweet that at the very instant the game is over.  Say that 2 weeks ago or even BEFORE the B1G tourney.

My goodness it is like everyone was wanting us to play with tight knots the last 5 games.

I'm honestly surprised about this. So my guess is SE doesn't want to get rid of Tim bc this was the perfect opportunity. 5 straight losses, 4 blowout losses including the largest home defeat ever, and a team that just looks defeated. 

Glad he's back, but can't say I'm as excited about next season as I was two weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Yep

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as far as timing goes.

Listen, I think the board will be split on if this is the right call or not. So, let's look past that for a moment.

What I think is, well, next year is obviously huge. There will still be a good amount of talent (I don't see too many guys leaving...) so your core is pretty strong. I think this is a wakeup call of sorts. They have to produce. It has to start early in the season. Your only known loss is Tai. 

I am still excited about next year. It starts now. Get in the gym, weight room, let this freefall never happen again. I don't honestly know if the future is "bright" but I do know there is a fair shot at getting to the tournament next year. Everyone has 7 months to get their mojo back. That's enough time. GBR

This was handled perfectly by SE I thought he needed to address this quickly after the season.  Can't get much quicker than that.  Now lets build some unity of purpose in the program and fan base so we can have the season we all want next year.

To everyone asking what took SE so long. My guess is he put out feelers to a couple of guys (probably guys outside our league) - they told him hell no, hence the timing of the announcement. 

Right thing to do for economic and recruiting purposes. Now let's all hope it also works out for next year's record.