uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 31 - Big Ten Tournament: Penn State

So, this is the end, huh?

- This wasn't a pretty game from two teams that really struggled down the stretch.

- At times we saw glimpses of both really good play and play that was reminiscient of the past four games.

- All told, this season folded like a house of cards, and perhaps that's what this was the whole time.

- I did think they looked a little more lively than they did on Sunday, but silly mistakes and self inflicted mistakes have cost this team all season long.

- Tai looked fairly disinterested for a lot of the game.

- Watson looked better than he has in a while.

- Jordy had some flashes in the first half, but still can't see the floor down the stretch.

- Roby got good minutes with the game on the line. He did ok.

- Taylor looked good offensively, but some lapse defensively looked fairly large.

- Didn't get much from Jacobson. He must be fighting some sort of injury.

- McVeigh and Horne hit their open looks.

- Just a really disappointing, ugly finish to the season. I have no idea what happens next.

Now we wait...

Forget this season... move forward.

1.  Stay healthy over the summer.

2.  Find a way to get Copeland for a full year!

3.  Shoot the hell out of the ball every damn day.

4.  Let them shoot in "The Bank" whenever they want to.  Hell... practice there more if it'll help.

5.  Build us a top 100 SOS that will get us to conference play with 9-10 wins.

I feel sad tonight about how the last two weeks plus played out (Damn you Silverback).  Conference play started with so much promise and by the end it was back to just more of the same.

How can we still not have 1 or 2 kids that can knock down a jump shot consistently?  Hell even Penn State does.

We didn't turn the ball over as much today, at least early

I hope that whoever is in charge of defense figures out how to stop the pick and roll and the pick and pop.

I hope Roby and Horne come back with the confidence and improvement we saw with the Soph at the start of the year.

I hope we figure out how to run an inbounds play that is not just toss the ball back to half court.

Guess I have another year to cross winning a NCAA tournament game while PapaCH is with us.

Anyone else hear Miles in the postgame?

He was asked to give his overall impression of what it was like to go through the season.  He mentioned playing a hard non-con, playing tough teams in the early tournament, etc.  Mentions the 3-0 start, and then says "And then Ed says his foot hurts."

The way he said it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.  It came across like he thinks Ed was faking it.  I'm probably reading too much into it...but I found that to be odd wording, at the very least.

1 hour ago, atskooc said:

Anyone else hear Miles in the postgame?

He was asked to give his overall impression of what it was like to go through the season.  He mentioned playing a hard non-con, playing tough teams in the early tournament, etc.  Mentions the 3-0 start, and then says "And then Ed says his foot hurts."

The way he said it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.  It came across like he thinks Ed was faking it.  I'm probably reading too much into it...but I found that to be odd wording, at the very least.

Guessing he meant things were going well and Ed comes in and says his foot hurts and well we saw where things went from that.

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Guessing he meant things were going well and Ed comes in and says his foot hurts and well we saw where things went from that.

Of course...but the way he worded it, it felt like he was saying Ed could play.

Had he said, "Then Ed got hurt" it wouldn't have sounded odd.

Again, I'm sure I'm making way too much out of this.

2 hours ago, atskooc said:

Of course...but the way he worded it, it felt like he was saying Ed could play.

Had he said, "Then Ed got hurt" it wouldn't have sounded odd.

Again, I'm sure I'm making way too much out of this.

You're reading too much into it. Miles, ever the jokester, tries to placate the media with "quotes." He tries too hard, at times...