Watching a game with something on the line is stressful

Are we sure we aren't okay being the lovable losers forever? There is a certain zen quality about going to games with few expectations and little on the line.

Watching the UNO game tonight reminded me of how stressful our NCAA run was 3 years ago.

With husker football and basketball the way they have been I almost forgot what it was like to live and die on every play... Stressful!

Watching that game just made me mad about our in state recruiting. You can't convince me that Hahn kid from Fremont wouldn't be nice on this team. A 6'8" dead eye shooter? Or Hollins as another senior leader? Or freaking mike daum? A sophmore from the summit league can't possibly be THAT big of a surprise if he's already that good.

Edited by RedEyedFanatic

Watching that game just made me mad about our in state recruiting. You can't convince me that Hahn kid from Fremont wouldn't be nice on this team. A 6'8" dead eye shooter? Or Hollins as another senior leader? Or freaking mike daum? A sophmore from the summit league can't possibly be THAT big of a surprise if he's already that good.

Yeah Hahn didn't just catch and shoot, he had to make his own shot a couple times.

First time I had seen daum go off... No words

1 hour ago, PimpMario said:

Are we sure we aren't okay being the lovable losers forever? There is a certain zen quality about going to games with few expectations and little on the line.

That's the question Cubs fans had been asking themselves for the past 100 years.  

10 minutes ago, khoock said:

As somehow who follows UNO bball closely, Tra-Deon Hollins is the only player on their team that would be good enough to play at Nebraska and in the Big Ten.

I somewhat agree. I think TDH would be a much better version of Taylor but he gets a lot of leeway at UNO giving up a lot of easy buckets but he does get a ton of steals as the trade off. I also think Thurman could be a bench player in the Big10 but not a star like he is at UNO. Do not think Hahn would even play, good shooter but no def and no other big contributions. Think Jack is much better than him overall.

41 minutes ago, khoock said:

As somehow who follows UNO bball closely, Tra-Deon Hollins is the only player on their team that would be good enough to play at Nebraska and in the Big Ten.

as someone who watched tonight's game, thurman is nearly as good as morrow, hollins is light years better than evan taylor, and haun is just as good as fuller/mcveigh.

Edited by TimSmiles

12 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

as someone who watched tonight's game, thurman is nearly as good as morrow, hollins is light years better than evan taylor, and haun is just as good as fuller/mcveigh.

Morrow would eat Thurman's lunch. Haun might be just as good as Fuller, but you're underrating McVeigh. He's be the 10th man on the bench at best. Fuller's turned into a pretty decent defender in short spurts. Not sure Haun could do that.

Edited by uneblinstu

29 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I somewhat agree. I think TDH would be a much better version of Taylor but he gets a lot of leeway at UNO giving up a lot of easy buckets but he does get a ton of steals as the trade off. I also think Thurman could be a bench player in the Big10 but not a star like he is at UNO. Do not think Hahn would even play, good shooter but no def and no other big contributions. Think Jack is much better than him overall.

Much better? At best it's a push. McVeigh is an AWFUL defender so I can't really be convinced Haun is worse.