Jacobsen

HuskerBB

I am guessing I missed this somewhere in the game thread - but has there been any explanation for Jacobson not playing at all in the 2nd half Sunday?   He had his had wrapped - but he was playing with it wrapped in the first half (at least at some point, did not notice at the start of the game or see him getting it wrapped during the game).   I was assuming that has something to do with it as I did not think he was in any sense the "worst" of our problems in the first half Sunday.

Great question - no answer.  I have probably missed something but have been wondering the same thing.  IIRC, Kent and Matt made the observation of Jacobsen's lack of PT on the postgame before TM arrived, then proceeded to not ask him about it.  I didn't hear anyone ask coach about it last night on the call-in show either.  Not a peep in the OWH from Barfknecht in his article on Monday.  Wouldn't this be an obvious question for someone to ask?

My all too often faulty memory banks seem to recall Jacobsen diving out of bounds trying to save a ball. Shortly after that, he got the bandage and not long after THAT he left the game. He might have played some minutes later on but not many.