Illini Fans Not Too Confident

PAhusker

I think their predictions are more of a reaction to what's going on with their own team rather than a rational analysis of how the two clubs match up against each other.

However, if their fans' pessimism is in any way indicative of their team's mental attitude, I'd say we may have a fighting chance in this one.

I think this sums up why they think we win.  Not talent but attitude.

If we can't beat Northwestern on our home floor in front of a sellout crowd, why would anybody think we can beat any Big 10 team on the road?

Even if these guys lack what ever it is they lack, the blame goes further than just the players. With a new coach we should see something different than the same old stuff. While they have proven to us they can't compete in the Big 10, I would think our new coach with his new system and coaching style, we would at least see them losing in a different way, but it looks like the movie Ground Hog Day. A coach running up and down the sideline ranting and raving and a bunch of lifeless players on the floor. Now that's entertainment.

Interesting how many of us are giddy over what is going on and Ill. fans are in melt down mode.  Hustle and hard work is rewarded by us not throwing in the towel on them yet.

Well, all I can say is that, in order for us to move up, someone else has to move down.  It's that simple.  Can't everybody finish first.  In order for there to be winners, there have to be losers.  There are a lot of rungs on that ladder for us to climb before we're in the top half of the conference and if Illinois implodes, so much the better for us.

Here is some interesting quotes from the ESPN board.

"Pretty sad to say that Illinois hasn't led a game in 106 min 29 seconds of game time...This team needs to put it together. As of now I think we'll get blown away in tomorrows game (hate to say it) at Nebraska. 
Nebraska 63 
Illinois 44..."

"Well you know, cant shoot bad forever. Maybe Illinois can steal this one. Yeah I say steal a game against Nebraska, but thats just how this team is in the 2nd half. Maybe Groce can get a few players to come here, it really sucks watching these quitters they've had the last 2 years."

"Illini need this game very bad...but Nebraska is better than Northwestern...we might be in real trouble...wow...Go ILLINI !.."

illinois is a 4 pt favorite according to vegas. We lost to Purdue by 9. I'd take illinois if i had to.

It'd be a gamble to take Illinois... they live and die by the 3, and on the road shooting the 3, they have not done so hot.

It seems like they will either win or lose big in this game which is why i have predicted them to do neither