Michigan vs Nebraska Game Thread

cipsucks

Two part game thread.  Let's talk the game first.  

What a frustrating year.  Notice I didn't say season.  When a certain transfer occurred, we knew things might not go as hoped for.  But whatever, that's Nebraska basketball.  Most knew this season was gonna maybe get six or seven conference wins which we did.  Good thing?  No.  The 3-0 conference start got expectations really high.  Injuries kicked our ass and now Tim Miles is headed to Missouri.  ;)  But before he goes, he needs to beat Michigan at least once.  He has an 0-7 record versus the Wolverines.  Hell, he can't beat McDermott, at least beat these jack-wads once.  I think he will.  Michigan opened up 3.5 favorites and the last I saw, the line is now 5 and a half.  I actually like Nebraska to win tonight and beat Iowa Thursday.  GBFR!  (No, the F wasn't a typo...)

Now for Senior Day:

I've been trying to come up with someone in Nebraska basketball history that has made a meteoric transformation from his freshman to senior year.  I can't.  The closest for me, and this doesn't really fit is Jack Moore.  Jack came off the bench as a freshman and averaged 3 points a game.  When he started his sophomore year, he averaged 14 a game and stayed close to that his last two years.  He won the award, whatever it was called, his senior year as the best player under 6' in the country.  Tai's journey isn't quite the same, but in my mind, he deserves the award for most improved player ever. and along with Tyronn Lue, one that never quit.

Tai is a New Zealander by birth, but he will be a Nebraskan for life.  No matter what happens the rest of this season, he can know he's loved here and he can always hold his head high!

Our three-point defense reminds me of our football defense under Cosgrove. Every time we held the opposition to a third down, I expected them to convert. Every time our opponents put up a three, I expect it to go in.