Thanks Tai

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I think the fact that Tai didn't give up on himself, the University, and the fans even when he was feeling low during his career says a lot about his character.

And for that reason alone fans need to get to his Senior Night and thank him for his efforts. I've heard way too many people with tickets say they are just done and are skipping tomorrow's game. People have their reasons (just like the ones leaving early) but I don't understand how people call themselves fans and then skip out with no other plans. I know there are 9 good fans for every bad one but I can honestly say I'd be there tomorrow even if we were 0-29.

Some road bumps early on but he was the guy that really made me believe Nebraska basketball could be something and recruit    The hype/excitement for him brought something back that completely dissolved under Sadler 

thats something I'll remember for awhile regardless of what happens. 

Edited by nustudent

1 hour ago, ajb5856 said:

And for that reason alone fans need to get to his Senior Night and thank him for his efforts. I've heard way too many people with tickets say they are just done and are skipping tomorrow's game. People have their reasons (just like the ones leaving early) but I don't understand how people call themselves fans and then skip out with no other plans. I know there are 9 good fans for every bad one but I can honestly say I'd be there tomorrow even if we were 0-29.

I remember senior night for Sek Henry and Ryan Anderson. We were 2-14 in B12 play, including losing that night to Colorado I believe. There was no way I was missing though!

Edited by jason2486

Every single senior invests sooo much into the team.  Senior nights are the best for this reason.  Tai is no different.  That kid has done so much for this program!

He is one of the main reasons I have 100 percent faith in our player development.  Crazy to think that many wanted him gone after year 1 and year 2.  

I think he he is a prime example of what youthful "game" was and youthful "game" can be.  Struggle year 1 and 2... better year 3.  Star year 4.

Now I'll leave you 1 piece of my mind.  Glynn, Michael, Ed, Jack (Sophomore)... Isiah, Jordy, Jeriah (Freshman).  Tai struggled way more than these 7... but I believe these 7 have the same or even higher ceiling than Tai.  Give these guys a chance to be Jr and Sr with each other and good things will happen.

Tai... thank you so much.  You have shown what true heart and determination is.  You ARE a leader... you are the poster child of what I want Nebrasketball to be.  Someone who works hard, embraces the culture, and never gives up.  We will never give up on you guys.

nNow get this win tonight and send Nebrasketball out with a bang and right into the NCAA's. You all can do it!

I wasnt able to watch Tai's senior night but its been great to see his career unfold. He has been resilient and done things the right way, trusting the process.

Funny story. Tai is 17 and playing on the New Zealand Breakers pro team. He is whats called a development player and only plays as much as a walk on. One game the team is up big with only a minute to go and Tai gets subbed in. The team has a promotion where if they score 100 points the whole crowd gets free Burger King. The team is currently on 98 points. Long story short Tai ends up with the ball on a fast break, nobody in front of him. He rises up to dunk it...and then after 2 hours sitting on the bench puts it right into the bottom of the rim and costs 7000 people free burgers. I think he might have even put a tweet out jokingly apologising. Perhaps that traumatised him into barely dunking his college career.

Gonna miss seeing him play for the huskers.

20 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

I will really miss Tai. He represents everything good about Nebraska and Nebraska Basketball.

I'll be at the game earlier than usual tonight and cheering louder than usual.

Loved the perseverance and determination of Tai Webster. Truly a success story. Coming from a 24-hr flight away from home as a 17 year old to transforming his whole life within 4 years. Love that story. It should be heralded within the Big Ten circles more, in my opinion...

15 hours ago, Cell said:

I wasnt able to watch Tai's senior night but its been great to see his career unfold. He has been resilient and done things the right way, trusting the process.

Funny story. Tai is 17 and playing on the New Zealand Breakers pro team. He is whats called a development player and only plays as much as a walk on. One game the team is up big with only a minute to go and Tai gets subbed in. The team has a promotion where if they score 100 points the whole crowd gets free Burger King. The team is currently on 98 points. Long story short Tai ends up with the ball on a fast break, nobody in front of him. He rises up to dunk it...and then after 2 hours sitting on the bench puts it right into the bottom of the rim and costs 7000 people free burgers. I think he might have even put a tweet out jokingly apologising. Perhaps that traumatised him into barely dunking his college career.

Gonna miss seeing him play for the huskers.

Great story, thank you for sharing it.