HuskerFever

Big Ten Tourney

54 posts in this topic

Beat Michigan: 10th seed vs. Iowa on Thursday

Lose to Michigan: 12th seed vs. Penn State on Wednesday

It's obvious to us, but maybe not obvious to one of our players. It's NCAA or bust (for remaining hopes of basketball this season):

"After kicking a player out of his office, Tim Miles says it's time for Huskers to 'fight' for NCAA berth"

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/after-kicking-a-player-out-of-his-office-tim-miles/article_87b1b372-0373-11e7-910d-3f31f2e7fe09.html

11 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

After kicking a player out of his office,

I have a guess at which freshman this is.  It's moments like this where you remember that we're talking about 18-19 year olds.

15 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It's obvious to us, but maybe not obvious to one of our players. It's NCAA or bust (for remaining hopes of basketball this season):

"After kicking a player out of his office, Tim Miles says it's time for Huskers to 'fight' for NCAA berth"

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/after-kicking-a-player-out-of-his-office-tim-miles/article_87b1b372-0373-11e7-910d-3f31f2e7fe09.html

What lingers are questions about the job security of Miles, who barring a miracle run will finish with a losing record for the fourth time in his five seasons.

Penn State coach Patrick Chambers, who has faced similar speculation, got public support and acknowledge from his athletic director Monday that he will return for a seventh season

12 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I have a guess at which freshman this is.  It's moments like this where you remember that we're talking about 18-19 year olds.

Well, the kid's not wrong.... it was a TOTAL embarrassment. That said, the kid's gotta fight like crazy to make sure it doesn't happen. And it won't, I don't think.

5 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Do we know it was a freshman?

Not at all. I can't think of anyone else who would say something so naive though.

31 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Not at all. I can't think of anyone else who would say something so naive though.

My first guess wasn't a freshman, FWIW. I don't have an answer for who it was though.

1 minute ago, uneblinstu said:

My first guess wasn't a freshman, FWIW. I don't have an answer for who it was though.

It could have been Rollo Tomasi.  Made a great media quote per usual.

My guess is MJ.  Didnt play second half on Sunday, interesting comments following Illinois, and obviously frustrated.

4 minutes ago, coughunter said:

My guess is MJ.  Didnt play second half on Sunday, interesting comments following Illinois, and obviously frustrated.

Doesn't really matter. Sussing it out won't really accomplish anything and I don't really want to inadvertently tagging a player with that ignominy.

12 hours ago, nuhusker7 said:

I'll just leave this here. Teams have won 5 games in a row before.

I think the Georgia 4 game run in the SEC tournament was more dramatic.