State HS Tournament

huskerchode

Has anyone been to any of the state HS games so far?  I see tonight that Lincoln Northeast takes on Lincoln Southwest.  I have heard that the Kelle girl from LSW has an offer from South Dakota State and I believe she is just a sophomore.  LNE has the Minter girl, an outstanding freshman that should be getting lots of D1 looks (and maybe already has an offer or two, I don't know).  I expect LNE to win this game easily, but it could be fun to watch a couple of local kids with outstanding talent and D1 futures battle it out.

Yes, I went last night you'd be hard pressed to keep me away from attending any state tournament games boys or girls. I made the choice to go to the Class A tournament in Pinnacle Bank arena. On hind sight I probably should have went to Class B in Devaney as there turned out to be a pretty exciting finish between Elkhorn South and Seward.

I saw Omaha Northwest and Millard West which turned out to be a pretty good game and then watched Lincoln East and Pius. East was playing catch-up most of the game, Pius was pretty much in control the whole game. I'll probably go to the Class A semi-finals tonight and watch Southwest and Northeast and the Minter kid and then stay and catch the Millard West - Pius game, if all goes to plan. 

I would have liked to see Lincoln Christian too as some in the media claim the Crusaders are the best team in the state this year but they're playing now as I type this against Wahoo Bishop Neumann. That could turn out to be one of the best games today. But some of us have to work during the day.....bummer!