Bizarro Fire Miles Talk (Not BS)

jimmykc

7 minutes ago, Huskerone said:

Big, big, kudos to coach Miles for being on his coaches radio show tonight.  He took calls.  Didn't duck anything.  Setting a great example for his team during a difficult time.

Oooh. Does anyone know if this is podcast anywhere? Would be an interesting listen. Any interesting moments or tidbits to share?

26 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Craig Smith was just beaten South Dakota State.

SD St hit a jumper with 2 seconds left to take the lead. S Dakota played with fire throughout tournament, winning in OT Saturday vs #8 seed, but it caught up with them tonight.

Looks like it'll be SD St (Daum) vs UNO (Hollins/Thurman/Hahn) in the finals tomorrow - lots of Nebraska kids in that game. Mavs blowing out IUPUI in other semi. Additionally, there's a few other Nebraska kids on those rosters who don't play much.

Edited by throwback

12 hours ago, Huskerone said:

Big, big, kudos to coach Miles for being on his coaches radio show tonight.  He took calls.  Didn't duck anything.  Setting a great example for his team during a difficult time.

12 hours ago, ajb5856 said:

Oooh. Does anyone know if this is podcast anywhere? Would be an interesting listen. Any interesting moments or tidbits to share?

23 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Ouch. At minute 38:32, "Steve" from Fremont called in:

"I was going to ask you about next year's schedule, but what I really wanted to say is this is really Eric in Cozad and you're fired again... Yeah, you're done, Buddy."

I remember my first beer and how it gave me the balls to do something really brave like that.

Then he hangs up and his only friend in the world gives him a high five and says "you killed it DUDE"

What a d-bag.  Show some class :angry:

Edited by Silverbacked1

IF Eichorst were to fire Miles, I could certainly understand it. To say this season has been a disappointment to me is a huge understatement. Some things rest on Miles' shoulders and some I'm not sure about. But I hope Miles is retained.

-- AWIII was to be the lynch pin of our outside shooting. We sucked from outside all year. Should Miles have buckled and given in to whatever White wanted to keep him here? Don't think so but his exit hurt a lot.

-- Gill and Morrow getting hurt had huge impacts and there is nothing Miles could have done about that.

-- Jordy's development as a player has been tremendous. He has a huge upside and Miles deserves some credit for bringing in Kenya Hunter to help with that.

-- Roby and Horne showed flashes of their potential but they never showed their abilities consistently. IMO this is a real test for whether Miles can really coach or not. At this point I would say it is a negative against him.

-- I thought we were in good hands with Glynn Watson at PG but he was a very inconsistent guard as both a scorer and as a ball handler. I have no idea if this is coaching or offensive philosophy (or lack thereof) or something else but something is wrong there.

-- A LOT of talent here or coming here next year. It would be a huge loss to send Miles packing and lose it.

-- What kind of influence does Molinari really have on the team? Is he a plus for Miles or not? Just wondering.

IMO Miles should be retained but on a VERY short leash and without an extension for next season. Yes that might impact recruiting but we have the talent to compete next year and a good year will make recruiting much easier. A bad year and the new coach won't have an empty stable to work with.

Edited by KZRider

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned here that I heard from Sam McKewon at the end of a podcast was IF you bring back Miles and sign him to an extension you slap a big buyout on him because if you bring him back and he does put it together, what is your protection if he bolts? 

I think that buyout number is currently $600k but I'm not sure if that was updated during his last extension.

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Ouch. At minute 38:32, "Steve" from Fremont called in:

"I was going to ask you about next year's schedule, but what I really wanted to say is this is really Eric in Cozad and you're fired again... Yeah, you're done, Buddy."

Damn, what an ass.  I don't like how the team has played recently but that's low to stoop that far.