Bizarro Fire Miles Talk (Not BS)

jimmykc

10 minutes ago, 49r said:

A lot of times it's pretty easy for one to see what one wants to see when one looks at things.

Perhaps, but that's more or less telling me I'm imagining things or misinterpreting the situation. Perhaps you'd like to offer your take on the awful body language displayed by a number of players recently? You can chalk it up to general frustration about the season and just being tired, but I beg to differ, and that's supported by things I've heard from informed parties.

Edited by Hooper

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Perhaps, but that's more or less telling me I'm imagining things or misinterpreting the situation. Perhaps you'd like to offer your take on the awful body language displayed by a number of players recently? You can chalk it up to general frustration about the season and just being tired, but I beg to differ, and that's supported by things I've heard from informed parties.

I'm not casting aspersions.  I'm just saying, that's all...

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

The sideline tirade on Roby in the Illinois game did not sit well with me, and I know from reading posts from other fans that it didn't sit well with a lot of people. Isaiah's made a lot of freshman-type mistakes this year, but there has to be a better way to coach him than what I witnessed, and you didn't have to be an expert lip reader to decipher it. I found that whole exchange to be unacceptable, especially in light of what a good kid Isaiah is. 

BTW, Coach K in multiple Halls of Fame for telling kids to F(%$&$ get their $@#@*#( (##(#3.  Maybe it isn't the best way but my sources say that Isaiah is in need of some motivation to reach his very high potential.

Okay so let get this straight, if Miles is back next year, most likely Horne, Watson, Roby, Morrow and possible Jacobson might all leave.

Copeland and Gill might not or most likey won't be 100%.

And Nick Fuller is going to Grad. transfer out.

Wow  Hope we play for a couple of games so that I get to see these guys in scarlet & cream one last time.

Sigh.

But if he is canned????

2 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay so let get this straight, if Miles is back next year, most likely Horne, Watson, Roby, Morrow and possible Jacobson might all leave.

Wow  Hope we play for a couple of games so that I get to see these guys in scarlet & cream one last time.

Sigh.

But if he is canned????

We lose our entire roster regardless if he is fired or not. But the good news is we can fill the roster with Nebraska walk-on's, who call ball out (see Summit League Title). 

So I'm not worried.

I agree with an earlier post that I am more worried about losing some of our key guys if Miles stays.

I honestly question if Watson or Morrow want to be here.

I like Miles but these last four games make me think the team has quit on him because they know what he coaches on them doesn't work.

I could move past our struggles if it wasn't the same thing every game... it isn't. One blue print is getting us killed.

If we move past Miles we need to make a splash... or just bring back Doc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Sigh.

But if he is canned????

If even just Watson transfers, then he is not back next year.

Updated:

Win vs Sacramento State, 83-61 (+22pts)
Win vs University of Mary, 70-38 (+32pts)
Win vs Louisiana Tech, 65-54 (+11pts)
Win ne Dayton, 80-78 (+2pts)
Loss ne UCLA, 71-82 (-11pts)
Loss ne Virginia Tech, 53-66 (-13pts)
Loss at Clemson, 58-60 (-2pts)
Win vs South Dakota, 73-61 (+12pts)
Loss vs Creighton, 62-77 (-15pts)
Loss vs Kansas, 72-89 (-17pts)
Loss vs Gardner-Webb, 62-70 (-8pts)
Win vs Southern, 81-76 (+5pts)
Win at Indiana, 87-83 (+4pts)
Win at Maryland, 67-65 (+2pts)
Win vs Iowa, 93-90 2OT (+3pts)
Loss vs Northwestern, 66-74 (-8pts)
Loss at Michigan, 85-91 (-6pts)
Loss vs Ohio State, 66-67 (-1pts)
Loss at Rutgers, 64-65 (-1pts)
Loss at Northwestern, 61-73 (-12pts)
Win  vs Purdue 83-80, (+3pts)
Loss vs Michigan State, 61-72 (-11pts)
Loss at Iowa, 70-81 (-11pts)

Loss vs Wisconsin, 69-70 OT (-1pts)

Win vs Penn State, 82-66 (+16pts)

Win at Ohio State, 58-57 OT (+1pts)

Loss at Michigan State, 72-88 (-16pts)

Loss vs Illinois, 57-73 (-16pts)

Loss at Minnesota, 73-88 (-15pts)

Loss vs. Michigan, 57-93 (-36pts)

Loss neut. Penn State, 67-76 OT (-9pts)

Records:
Games between 0-4 points: 6-4 (5-3)
Games between 5-9 points: 1-4 (0-3)

Double-digit games: 5-11 (1-7)

Top 5 largest victories: 32 (University of Mary), 22 (Sacramento State), 16 (Penn State), 12 (South Dakota), 11 (Louisiana Tech)

Top 5 largest defeats: 36 (Michigan), 17 (Kansas), 16 (Michigan State), 16 (Illinois), 15 (Creighton/Minnesota)

And that's probably it for 2016-2017.

Edited by HuskerFever

• 3 weeks later...