uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 29 - @ Minnesota

- One of the best games I've seen from Jacobson all year.

- Thought the effort was good coming out of the gate. They looked a lot more motivated and engaged than they did on Sunday.

- One of the better offensive rebounding efforts too.

***Then Minnesota went on their run***

- Lynch is a load. Good lord he's a tough matchup.

- Oh, a T on an assistant? With Eichorst on hand?

- The last 5 minutes of the first half were just brutal.

- How do they let things get away so quickly? NU was right there and then Minnesota just hammered 'em. This team shouldn't be this bad right now. It feels like the whole ball of yarn has completely unraveled.

- I don't know if it was coincidental or if it played a part, but this all went to pot after Lee's article...it looks like the players are carrying a burden they shouldn't be asked to carry.

- They looked like they were playing out the string. Just no pride. Mostly evident on the defensive end.

- I stopped the bullet points somewhere before the 2nd media timeout of the 2nd half...

wheels-fall-off-o.gif

Edited by uneblinstu

AD said he would like to see the team making progress over the year.  I wonder if a 3-11 record over the last 14 games is heading in the right direction for a extension.  The team seems to look very lost on defense with all the easy scoring we have allowed.  Is that the players or the game plan?

I keep thinking how important Coach Smith was to the entire bb program and how it ran when he was here and how his team looks at South Dakota now.

Edited by extremehoops

I'm 100 percent for Miles returning, but it's getting harder to forget that outside of one great run in Year 2 that we have been a bad team.

Miles has put together a really deep and talented roster by NU standards, but is he the guy who can turn a talented team into a really good team? It's a disappointing year, but I hope he gets next season to answer the question.

Edited by GATA

Tough league.  When you have flaws, these coaches will figure them out.  As good of X and O coaches as any league.  Probably the best.  We are very flawed.  You can see the paint getting closed off so much more as the season has gone on.  When you cannot shoot that is a problem.  The guys that can shoot are not good on defense.  It is a bitch.  We are flawed.  Unfortunately, that means we are also not very good.  No way to sugarcoat it.  Our margin for error is extremely slim. 

Edited by royalfan

Just now, hhcdave said:

Boehm needs to be fired way before Miles. If he is allowed to be a part of ridding Miles and then making ANOTHER hire, I am done with this program. 

Keep Miles, fire Boehm. He's a joke. 

I don't disagree on Boehm...but firing him is not going to bring more wins next year. But you're right...he should have zero in the coaching search when/if Miles is let go or leaves. 

5 minutes ago, hhcdave said:

Boehm needs to be fired way before Miles. If he is allowed to be a part of ridding Miles and then making ANOTHER hire, I am done with this program. 

Keep Miles, fire Boehm. He's a joke. 

TBH I doubt he would have little to no input on the fire or hire. Someone else a little closer can shed some light on this though.

13 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

One can only hope.

I really felt like this was possible after the OSU win, possibly even after the MSU loss. But the reliance on Webster, Watson, and Taylor is really showing. Watson and Webster just look too gassed at this point. The Anton Gill injury is really showing right now.  I'm with you guys in that next Wednesday or Thursday, I'll be hoping and praying on a run in the tourney.

6 hours ago, jason2486 said:

I really felt like this was possible after the OSU win, possibly even after the MSU loss. But the reliance on Webster, Watson, and Taylor is really showing. Watson and Webster just look too gassed at this point. The Anton Gill injury is really showing right now.  I'm with you guys in that next Wednesday or Thursday, I'll be hoping and praying on a run in the tourney.

If we are truly gassed... I know it sounds weird and would never happen, but do we purposely rest the guys on Sunday against Michigan?

It'd be like watching the last week of the regular season of football with a team that's already made the playoffs, but might do us some good.

16 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

If we are truly gassed... I know it sounds weird and would never happen, but do we purposely rest the guys on Sunday against Michigan?

It'd be like watching the last week of the regular season of football with a team that's already made the playoffs, but might do us some good.

If we already know at that point we couldn't get the 10 seed, might not be a horrible idea.