Minnesota vs Nebraska Game Thread

cipsucks

3 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I was actually thinking the exact opposite. Obviously it's dependent on matchups but Minnesota is a long athletic team that I would guess most teams would not want to see coke March. But, that's just my Take watching a few of their games. I also could be swayed as they are currently putting a beatdown on a bad basketball team. 

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I don't see how Palmer and Copeland will fix our normal offensive and defensive issues under Miles...but maybe. I think it's become pretty evident our issues run deeper than just personnel. 

Aaaaand again ... what was Minnesota's record last year?

9 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Aaaaand again ... what was Minnesota's record last year?

So if Miles is around next year is the expectation for this team to be a 20+ winner and in the 4-5 seed range come tournament?  Sure, maybe we could pull a Minnesota.....but, it's probably unlikely.  Before the season started it this team might be better without White, Miles deepest team, a team due to its youth will get better and better as the season goes on.  Yet...here we are, 11-17 against D-1 competition. 

10 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

So if Miles is around next year is the expectation for this team to be a 20+ winner and in the 4-5 seed range come tournament?  Sure, maybe we could pull a Minnesota.....but, it's probably unlikely.  Before the season started it this team might be better without White, Miles deepest team, a team due to its youth will get better and better as the season goes on.  Yet...here we are, 11-17 against D-1 competition. 

It sounds like we'll have a schedule next year that would likely have us on the bubble with 17-18 wins. I don't think number of wins or position in the Big Ten are as important as being in the bubble conversation the last week of the regular season.

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Listen, I've seen you make that comment before about people saying this team would be better without White and your comment is total bullshit.  And I think you know it.

The only people I EVER saw saying we'd be better without White always framed their comment in terms of "if he's a locker room cancer who's only in it to pad his own stats, then we're probably better off without him."  I read these boards a lot and I never saw anyone claim that this is a better team without a 16 ppg returning starter who shoots the three-ball at a 41% clip.  Nobody worth quoting ever said that or meant it the way you're quoting it.  So just drop that one, OK?

As to your initial comment, that's also bullshit.  You didn't say 20+ winner in the 4-5 seed range.  You said it was "laughable" that the additions of Palmer and Copeland could turn this into a TOURNEY team.  TOURNEY.  I assumed that meant, like, making the TOURNEY.  No specific seed was specified in the post I responded to.  Now, you're moving the goal posts.  Tomorrow, will I have to promise they'll be a #1 overall seed and get the Big Ten auto bid?  You said it was "laughable;" I'm suggesting it's not so "laughable."  I'm saying bigger turnarounds have been accomplished by teams you now seem to suggest will be 4-5 seeds in the TOURNEY.

OK, I'm done.

4 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It sounds like we'll have a schedule next year that would likely have us on the bubble with 17-18 wins. I don't think number of wins or position in the Big Ten are as important as being in the bubble conversation the last week of the regular season.

I was listening to the pregame yesterday and Miles talked about how Tai was down because we have been losing so much...and he told him "Hey, I could have scheduled more wins, this schedule was designed to be a 5-6 seed at 18-19 wins."  He's right...we could have scheduled more wins for sure and probably been around .500 right now overall.  But, we need to find a way to win 10-11 games in the Big Ten next year if we really want to be dancing.  I think we have enough talent to be in that ballpark, but after three years of the same issues I'm having a hard time believing it will be corrected in the offseason by just adding our transfers + Nana. 

20 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Listen, I've seen you make that comment before about people saying this team would be better without White and your comment is total bullshit.  And I think you know it.

The only people I EVER saw saying we'd be better without White always framed their comment in terms of "if he's a locker room cancer who's only in it to pad his own stats, then we're probably better off without him."  I read these boards a lot and I never saw anyone claim that this is a better team without a 16 ppg returning starter who shoots the three-ball at a 41% clip.  Nobody worth quoting ever said that or meant it the way you're quoting it.  So just drop that one, OK?

As to your initial comment, that's also bullshit.  You didn't say 20+ winner in the 4-5 seed range.  You said it was "laughable" that the additions of Palmer and Copeland could turn this into a TOURNEY team.  TOURNEY.  I assumed that meant, like, making the TOURNEY.  No specific seed was specified in the post I responded to.  Now, you're moving the goal posts.  Tomorrow, will I have to promise they'll be a #1 overall seed and get the Big Ten auto bid?  You said it was "laughable;" I'm suggesting it's not so "laughable."  I'm saying bigger turnarounds have been accomplished by teams you now seem to suggest will be 4-5 seeds in the TOURNEY.

OK, I'm done.

So we didn't have comments like the below on this board?

" Not sad about any of the guys who left outside of AWIII but think his leaving could be a blessing. Forces more of a team game and Andrew will be so focused on showing a certain skill to the NBA he might not be ideal moving forward for a team and growth."

That's just one comment.  There was plenty of chatter centered around how White was selfish, we will play better team ball etc......Including, many talks about how is replaceable this year.  A lot of that was just sour grapes from him leaving us in the dust.   Hell, I don't remember but I was probably part of that discussion.  Part of me thought MAYBE this team would benefit by not having one guy trying to jack up shots.  But, I was wrong in that once again our offense was dependent on two guys being 'on." 

My 20+ winner and in the 4-5 seed range was clearly in response to you asking what Minnesota's record is.  By that, I thought you were saying we COULD be the Minnesota next year.  It's probably way too early to define expectations next year as we don't even know if Miles will be the coach here or who is coming and going.

Edited by huskerbaseball13

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

So we didn't have comments like the below on this board?

" Not sad about any of the guys who left outside of AWIII but think his leaving could be a blessing. Forces more of a team game and Andrew will be so focused on showing a certain skill to the NBA he might not be ideal moving forward for a team and growth."

You proved his point for him.