2017 G Tywhon Pickford -> Northern Iowa

hhcmatt

Seems like more of a shooting/combo guard than a PG.

Has had some injuries that have derailed his recruiting.  Teammates with a Brad Davison, a guy the Huskers wanted at PG but who ultimately signed with Wisconsin.

http://www.startribune.com/maple-grove-s-tywhon-pickford-is-a-d-1-basketball-recruit-again/409985485/

1 minute ago, uneblinstu said:

Does he have an offer? I'm guessing fall back if Mark Smith doesn't take our offer?

He doesn't have a known offer from us. That sounds about right in pecking order unless we already know that Smith isn't coming here.

Also, we're a classy organization so we can't have anyone commit until someone transfers.

I'm not really excited about this prospect.  First of all, this is an off-guard, not point guard, right?  We already have Palmer, Akenton and Gill.  Secondly, another player coming off of a major injury.  That seems to be Miles' niche - bring in a forgotten prospect who was sidelined with a medical setback and hope their injury woes are behind them.  We are beginning to resemble a M*A*S*H unit.

it really depends how many players transfer from our team. if 3 players transfer, then pickford makes sense. if 1 player transfers, i'd try to find a better prospect or grad transfer.

you'd think with this being a make or break year for miles, he's going to want players that can play right away.

Edited by TimSmiles

14 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

I'm not really excited about this prospect.  First of all, this is an off-guard, not point guard, right?  We already have Palmer, Akenton and Gill.  Secondly, another player coming off of a major injury.  That seems to be Miles' niche - bring in a forgotten prospect who was sidelined with a medical setback and hope their injury woes are behind them.  We are beginning to resemble a M*A*S*H unit.

Hope for the best case scenario, prepare for the worst. I'm sure Miles is just covering his bases so we don't get caught scrambling at the last second if somebody on our team unexpectedly leaves