Transfers

Merlin

I would be more surprised if there weren't any.   Hopefully only players who may be better served at a lower level of competition, rather than some ones who obviously can play at this level.  But I don't think it's fair to speculate on specific names.  

Well, I am not afraid to speculate. I'll say it right now: I don't think Allie Havers will be on the team next year.  And I will be shocked if Esther Ramacieri is back.

You might think I'm going out on a limb but I have some inside information that neither one of them is going to be eligible next year. 

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, I am not afraid to speculate. I'll say it right now: I don't think Allie Havers will be on the team next year.  And I will be shocked if Esther Ramacieri is back.

You might think I'm going out on a limb but I have some inside information that neither one of them is going to be eligible next year. 

Make sure that the limb don't break Norm; cuz you are way out there on it.

How many Division I opportunities are available for our current roster that may want to transfer?  Other than Jess, I don't see that many prospects.   The girls need to commit to working hard on improving to the best of their abilities and try to leave this abysmal season in the rear view mirror.  Do we have enough infusion of talent coming in next season?  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

How many Division I opportunities are available for our current roster that may want to transfer?  Other than Jess, I don't see that many prospects.   The girls need to commit to working hard on improving to the best of their abilities and try to leave this abysmal season in the rear view mirror.  Do we have enough infusion of talent coming in next season?  Time will tell.

You are missing someone who's first name starts with an "N".....she would definitely have opportunities, and lots of them.   But mum's the word..........sshhhhh

You guys fail to distinguish between levels of d-1.  Every kid on the roster could go to a different d-1 school and get a scholarship.  I certainly agree very few could go to another power 5 school. Probably only a handful.   But what isn't being factored into the rough record is also that brutal schedule we played.   Very hard non conf with the small schools such as drake and creighton ending up being top 25 teams who won conferences, the bad draw on the big teams we played twice all being in upper half and 2 being in top 3, and then the lower half teams we got a larger share on the road and u want those to be home Gms because they r more winnable.  Combine that with a new system and youth and it was a struggle.   However schedule and experience  alone and no new players we will still be substantially better next year.  Add the transfers and other new kids and redshirt and if healthy we will be close to 500 I predict. If we add another quality big either from Europe Jc or 5th year kid and I think we could have a fun year and maybe win half or more. Certainly not the long term goal but good progress 

Doubt anyone will leave. 

Just working with known "fatoids" for next year:

We lose two to graduation, and will have Rachel back (hopefully).... she's of course experienced with the program, two redshirts with college experience (one a lot), and a rookie freshmen, that is really an unknown as far as quickly she'll get up to speed.  It is pretty critical that Rachel is able to come back.

Since the team makeup will change a lot next year, much will be decided player assignment wise, as the summer progresses. Never have seen the redshirts play, so have no idea how they will affect the guard situation, but the guards as a whole group should be much stronger.

But we critically need a big.... by transfer if possible to shore up the inside.  Pretty hard to find any like that, that are capable of making a real contribution. Jr college maybe ??

I don't believe JC women's BB is usually much of an option. We've had a few over the years but really don't remember them ever making much of an impact. It's not like men's juco. 

Although they could sell playing time pretty easily. 

Edited by Merlin