I am just sad

Silverbacked1

3 hours ago, royalfan said:

Dumb post.  He didn't even give any commentary on anyone's character.  He said he is sad that that many people leave in droves. 

In a subsequent post, he explained clearly what he meant. I discerned intent, asked a question, and got an answer. 

Like I said, I appreciate it. I don't agree, but I can respect it. He wrote just what he really thought. 

I left at the 4:16 Mark.....my kids have school the next day. I'm not wasting time watching another 4 minutes of depressing basketball to sit in the parking garage for an extra 20 minutes.

Off topic but the B10 schedule totally screwed Nebraska this season with all the home 8PM starts and Sunday games.

As for Miles, I hope we keep him but he is making it hard for Eichorst to justify it. Eichorst must give Miles an extension to keep him (he can't recruit without it), however has Miles earned it and if he has why wasn't it done last spring? Miles has proven to be an excellent recruiter and an awful game coach. His pack defense is so 10 years ago, hence opponents high 3pts %. His poor choice of a man to man defense instead of a 2-3 zone on an out of bounds play with 1.3 seconds left and up 1 cost nebraska the game vs OSU (not enough time for a tip so just give up the long jumper). His erratic substitution patterns are killer. His team is awful at executing half court offense yet he insists on running offensive sets when everyone can see his team plays best just playing off the cuff (because they have 2 good guards, duh). And in the name of Barry Collier, can he at least run 1 decent attempt at scoring on an out of bounds play? My God Tim, give Barry a call or have Barry send you some emails of his plays. That's the only thing Barry was good at.

All that being said, the blueprint for making the NCAA Tourney at Nebraska has been having a coach that brings in talent but sucks at coaching. That's Danny Nee and Tim Miles. If Hoiberg, Altman or Dixon agree to come behind everyone's back than fire Tim. If not, let it ride and give the man an extension

1 hour ago, swmckewon said:

In a subsequent post, he explained clearly what he meant. I discerned intent, asked a question, and got an answer. 

Like I said, I appreciate it. I don't agree, but I can respect it. He wrote just what he really thought. 

In the subsequent post he said, yes now I am going to make it a commentary on their character.  He did nothing resembling such a thing when you posted this.  And had you not, there would likely not have been any commentary on such character. 

12 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

I left at the 4:16 Mark.....my kids have school the next day. I'm not wasting time watching another 4 minutes of depressing basketball to sit in the parking garage for an extra 20 minutes.

Off topic but the B10 schedule totally screwed Nebraska this season with all the home 8PM starts and Sunday games.

As for Miles, I hope we keep him but he is making it hard for Eichorst to justify it. Eichorst must give Miles an extension to keep him (he can't recruit without it), however has Miles earned it and if he has why wasn't it done last spring? Miles has proven to be an excellent recruiter and an awful game coach. His pack defense is so 10 years ago, hence opponents high 3pts %. His poor choice of a man to man defense instead of a 2-3 zone on an out of bounds play with 1.3 seconds left and up 1 cost nebraska the game vs OSU (not enough time for a tip so just give up the long jumper). His erratic substitution patterns are killer. His team is awful at executing half court offense yet he insists on running offensive sets when everyone can see his team plays best just playing off the cuff (because they have 2 good guards, duh). And in the name of Barry Collier, can he at least run 1 decent attempt at scoring on an out of bounds play? My God Tim, give Barry a call or have Barry send you some emails of his plays. That's the only thing Barry was good at.

All that being said, the blueprint for making the NCAA Tourney at Nebraska has been having a coach that brings in talent but sucks at coaching. That's Danny Nee and Tim Miles. If Hoiberg, Altman or Dixon agree to come behind everyone's back than fire Tim. If not, let it ride and give the man an extension

This to me would be a legitimate reason for leaving, however most where not being followed by kids as the headed for the exits.  And I can see you leaving (maybe) with like 1:00 or so left if it is really over.  But...

I am not sad or mad any more because as usual this board has a way to get one out of a funk with the collective wit and humor that we have on here.  Thanks everybody.:D

Now lets go on to talking about how we upset Minnesota -_-

Edited by Silverbacked1