Illinois vs Nebraska Game Thread

cipsucks

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Defensively, it was same ole same ole.  

Offensively, ran into a team with something left to play for

Agreed. Illinois played some inspired, locked-in defense. 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in our coach's meetings - I'd like to know what they really think is going on with the 3pt D. 

We had been defending the 3 pretty well the last 4 games

Wisconsin 8 - 22

Penn State 4 - 20

Ohio State 5 - 17

Michigan State 4 - 15

That means in the last 4 games teams were shooting 21 - 74.  That is only 28.3 %.

I am disappointed in the team tonight.  This was the first time this year, I seen us get frustrated.  We started to hang our heads after every 3, Illinois made.  Then, instead of attacking the rim.  We tried to take jump shots.  If we did take it to the rim, we were getting no calls, again.  I knew the first half was too good to be true.  We actually had a foul advantage of 9 - 4.  The 2nd half was rough. 

This is the first game where I don't really have a subtle excuse to help me get over it. I've used freshman development, absence of Morrow, being on the road, playing ranked teams, and just bad match ups this year (MSU). There is no reason to lose by 16 AT HOME to a team one spot above you near the bottom of the conference rankings. What the hell just happened?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this team is done mentally and physically.  Tai is playing with one good leg.  They've shown the ability to comeback from these types of losses, but there comes a time when we are not going to comeback from it, which we haven't the last 2 games.  You can't let this snowball.