2017 NCAA Womens Tournament

Bugeaters1

maryland, osu, mich, mich st seems right. maybe noah could comment more on this, but, what the heck happened to northwestern? i really thought they would be battling for that 3rd spot in the big ten this season. 

being from sd, i think the summit league tourney (for women) is wide open next week. western illinois is probably the favorite going into the tourney, but iupui, sdsu, usd have great chances. maybe another team will get hot and make a run (omaha?)-----who knows. i noticed  college women hoops has western illinois and sdsu in. i will stick with my original prediction for 1 team from summit.  

oh, sorry, it just came back to me about the tragedy suffered at northwestern. i imagine that may have played into why northwestern had a tough season.

oh, and forget the "(omaha?)" comment------------they look pathetic against usd today. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

maryland, osu, mich, mich st seems right. maybe noah could comment more on this, but, what the heck happened to northwestern? i really thought they would be battling for that 3rd spot in the big ten this season. 

being from sd, i think the summit league tourney (for women) is wide open next week. western illinois is probably the favorite going into the tourney, but iupui, sdsu, usd have great chances. maybe another team will get hot and make a run (omaha?)-----who knows. i noticed  college women hoops has western illinois and sdsu in. i will stick with my original prediction for 1 team from summit.  

oh, sorry, it just came back to me about the tragedy suffered at northwestern. i imagine that may have played into why northwestern had a tough season.

those kind of things can go either way for a team, it either rallies a team or it demoralizes them; so it looks like the latter in this case. They have enough talent to make a run in the BIG 10 tourney though.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

those kind of things can go either way for a team, it either rallies a team or it demoralizes them; so it looks like the latter in this case. They have enough talent to make a run in the BIG 10 tourney though.

could be right-------had illinois-indiana game on and they were talking about how well northwestern has been playing lately. especially nia coffey. maybe they will be that team you don't want to see in the tourney.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:49 PM, redsteve said:

It will be boring this year without NU...but wait until next year !!   :P

It's not over yet! We have at least 1 more game, and as long as we survive-and-advance five days in a row, will get the B1G Automatic Bid...

...and then probably get a 16-seed against the behemoth in Storrs.