uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 27 - @ Michigan State

uneblinstu

Not much to add but even though I thought NU had a decent shot to win 3/4 or win out, you also don't wanna get beat like that. The alley-oop off the backboard for an example. Jack gave up on it or he could have beat the dunk out to steal or contest it. Bottom line is Sparty kicked it up a notch the last 5 minutes of the half and NU didn't. Still like how NU's chances to win more than lose...still a lot to play for in seeding.

This was probably one of the most disappointing performances in a while.

I saw a team that didn't put forth a lot of effort...So many times when shots went up, nobody put a body on anybody and Michigan State had a straight run to get the rebound. 

The defensive rotation was slow...one guy helped, but we often were slow in helping the helper...which can allow second chance points if the weakside guard doesn't help down low when the man down low helps on a drive.

Frustrating.

We did not play with the same sense of urgency that they did. MSU played like a team trying to secure an NCAA bid. I think we have a much better chance if they would've been ranked and safely in the tournament. It didn't help that Morrow, Jacobson, and Watson all had below average games. We probably don't ever win when that happens from those 3. It almost looked like Watson was still hurting even though it was announced he was healthy before the game. He didn't seem to have the energy he tends to play with. Same with Ed, something was definitely off. Let's rattle off the next three and put this one behind us!

5 hours ago, jason2486 said:

We did not play with the same sense of urgency that they did. MSU played like a team trying to secure an NCAA bid. I think we have a much better chance if they would've been ranked and safely in the tournament. It didn't help that Morrow, Jacobson, and Watson all had below average games. We probably don't ever win when that happens from those 3. It almost looked like Watson was still hurting even though it was announced he was healthy before the game. He didn't seem to have the energy he tends to play with. Same with Ed, something was definitely off. Let's rattle off the next three and put this one behind us!

It didn't help that Mann got all of our bigs in foul trouble quickly.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

I kind of enjoyed Evan's dunk.  I think that's the first one of the season for him wasn't it?

His was good as well.

There was a series of three dunks late (starting with Jordy's). 

I liked the explosion and *anger* in Jordy's slam.  Haven't seen aggression like that from him much.