Bracketology

jason2486

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Actually... it is 6 more.  But 5 more after we win tonight!

Still almost a 50 percent chance with 5 more wins from today!

It would actually be 7.  The win over Mary does not count in the eyes of the selection committee.  Thus, we need to win out in the regular season and make the conference finals...or, just win the Big 10 tournament.   

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

It would actually be 7.  The win over Mary does not count in the eyes of the selection committee.  Thus, we need to win out in the regular season and make the conference finals...or, just win the Big 10 tournament.   

Ehh... Personally I think it depends on the situation.  If you have two bubble teams and one has an SOS that is top 10 to top 5.  They are not going to sit there and say... "well this 1 win does not count, so we are taking the other guy."

Who knows though unless you have been in that room.  It is all speculation at this point.

6 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Ehh... Personally I think it depends on the situation.  If you have two bubble teams and one has an SOS that is top 10 to top 5.  They are not going to sit there and say... "well this 1 win does not count, so we are taking the other guy."

Who knows though unless you have been in that room.  It is all speculation at this point.

I read somewhere where Jerry Palm won't even consider teams in his bracketology that aren't at least three games over .500 due to the selection committee's past history in selecting teams.  I think our only hope would be to win out and reach the Big 10 finals...and even then, we are iffy.  Realistically, we likely will need to win the Big 10 tournament.   

46 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

No, it is 6.  This site is counting the game in their count. 

2 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Seems a bit lofty to me as well.  Almost seems as if there is a glitch in the matrix. 

Just ran the RPI Wizard with NU winning out and wins against PSU/Maryland in the Tournament and a loss to Wiscy and it pegged us with a RPI of 44 and SOS 2.  That would certainly make us an interesting case for the selection committee.  My matchups in the tournament were based on the Big 10 generator from the front page on HHC. 

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Just ran the RPI Wizard with NU winning out and wins against PSU/Maryland in the Tournament and a loss to Wiscy and it pegged us with a RPI of 44 and SOS 2.  That would certainly make us an interesting case for the selection committee.  My matchups in the tournament were based on the Big 10 generator from the front page on HHC. 

We would be in heavy conversation for the play-in round at least I would think. That would include an 8-game winning streak.  Hey, one of these years has got to be ours!