World Herald article

twister31

There is a World Herald article that discusses Miles getting a 6th year/admin issues. The really interesting tidbit was that in filling the women's position, there were two coaches with "powerhouse credentials" that basically never got the chance to be hired. Anyone know who those two might be, or could provide hints. I'm just intrigued by that statement 

I read that too and also was surprised by the statement. Not sure if it's factual not or if he just added that to make his point more clear. It wouldn't surprise me though if they did have powerhouse coaches interested in the position. What would irritate me though is if they did have other coaches banging on the door and they didn't give them the time of day to be interviewed.

Connie Yori built the Nebraska job as a place coveted by many coaches in her time here. The 2009-2010 season proved you can win here. Basically you have here one of the best facilities in wbb, great recruiting resources, top notch fan support and a state of the art arena to play in.  Lots of coaches envy that.

Edited by Row6Seat10

I guess I don't feel there are very many "powerhouse" women's programs.  The obvious, UConn, then Tennessee under Pat Summit, Notre Dame, probably throw Baylor in there right now, and Stanford from the past.  Doubt any of those coaches applied.  Who am I missing? 

South Carolina coach.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Jurgey said:

I think I remember Jeff Walz from Louisville name coming up on here possibly.  Not that he was interested, but, I think there were a number of people wishing he was. I don't believe that's who Lee was talking about though.

As you suggest he probably wasn't interested but has done enough at Louisville to be considered someone with "powerhouse credentials."