Lee B brings the hammer!

Jugular

12 minutes ago, Buglem said:

Don't blame Lee. I usually do but in this case there's only one person damaging the program and recruiting by not talking. His initials are SE. He could have cut the legs out of this story with a simple statement of support. By choosing not to he's sending a different message. Either the progress of the program is less important than his "policy" of not commenting mid season or he has thoughts of firing Miles. 

Any damage to the program lies at the feet of SE, not LB. 

What are your thoughts about his comments in late December coming out in support of Miles? I guess the rub comes with how people interpreted those comments. I took them as high optimism and SE will be evaluating Miles throughout the B1G slate (which could be considered a success barring a collapse these last couple weeks). I guess I feel like the only pressure on Miles is coming from the media and it's not the ADs job to release a statement of support every couple of weeks (or every time the media writes an article) to keep speculation away.

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

What are your thoughts about his comments in late December coming out in support of Miles? I guess the rub comes with how people interpreted those comments. I took them as high optimism and SE will be evaluating Miles throughout the B1G slate (which could be considered a success barring a collapse these last couple weeks). I guess I feel like the only pressure on Miles is coming from the media and it's not the ADs job to release a statement of support every couple of weeks (or every time the media writes an article) to keep speculation away.

The pressure that Miles has felt this season is NOT coming from the media.

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I am not Buglem, but here are my thoughts:  I don't trust public comments such as these coming from this guy.  I do trust my sources in the University system, athletic department, and basketball program.  I also trust my personal interactions with Eichorst, my experience, and common sense more than I trust much of what comes out of Eichorst's mouth.  So, if you take those comments at face value, they do tell a story in the way you took them.  And I hope you took them correctly.  It's just that circumstances prevent me from taking them at anything approaching face value.  

8 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I read his comments very closely. He uses "lawyer speak" very well. Words things in a way that someone that likes Miles will think is in support of him but always leaves wiggle room so if he makes a change it doesn't look like he lied. 

I had the same impression of Boehm's response today. I wanted to believe it was an endorsement of Miles but it stopped short of that. BTW, the paranoid part of me wondered why that didn't come from SE. Of course that would've made praising SE in the release a little more awkward...

If they seriously believe he should be back next year, just say it. Enough political speak. I think that's part of what frustrates people.

Crap or get off the pot, stop talking about how you think we putting all the necessary things in place to make crap to put in the pot. 

11 minutes ago, HB said:

I am not Buglem, but here are my thoughts:  I don't trust public comments such as these coming from this guy.  I do trust my sources in the University system, athletic department, and basketball program.  I also trust my personal interactions with Eichorst, my experience, and common sense more than I trust much of what comes out of Eichorst's mouth.  So, if you take those comments at face value, they do tell a story in the way you took them.  And I hope you took them correctly.  It's just that circumstances prevent me from taking them at anything approaching face value.  

Well that explains our difference in opinion. Never met SE, only know him as the calculated speaker we see pop his head out every couple months. And the only people I know in the AD are the strength and conditioning guys I interned with. Perspective is everything. 

1 hour ago, HuskerBB said:

The pressure that Miles has felt this season is NOT coming from the media.

Any pressure that is being felt could have been subsided by winning games.  I'd imagine, just about every coach that may be coming up on three consecutive losing season is feeling some sort of pressure to win.  I have never been on board with some on here that thought Miles job status was safe, right or wrong.  If Eichorst had ANY thought of maybe going in a different direction after this year I don't know why he would come out in support for Miles right now only to fire him weeks from now.   

Edited by huskerbaseball13

2 hours ago, Buglem said:

I read his comments very closely. He uses "lawyer speak" very well. Words things in a way that someone that likes Miles will think is in support of him but always leaves wiggle room so if he makes a change it doesn't look like he lied. 

I had the same impression of Boehm's response today. I wanted to believe it was an endorsement of Miles but it stopped short of that. BTW, the paranoid part of me wondered why that didn't come from SE. Of course that would've made praising SE in the release a little more awkward...

If they seriously believe he should be back next year, just say it. Enough political speak. I think that's part of what frustrates people.

Crap or get off the pot, stop talking about how you think we putting all the necessary things in place to make crap to put in the pot. 

Exactly, SE is actually hurting the program with this type of communication. Do what is best for the program, support Tim as long as he is our coach, make it easier not harder to recruit. Then if things fall apart and you make the decision to fire him and do it. Sure short term SE might be called a liar or whatever but it will go away and it is better for his image to suffer a tiny bit than letting the program suffer. 

Take one for the team Sean after all you claim to be doing everything possible to help our programs.

Eichorst has only himself to blame for letting football pressure compel him to break his own "rule". Do it once, the media will be all over you to do it again. And again.

I'm not worried. Timmeh will be back, as is proper. After Pelini and Yori, the last thing this AD would likely want is yet another season of coaching melodrama. After awhile, people are going to start seeing you as the common denominator of the craziness. Stability's going to win this offseason with hoops.

I can assure you the LJS was NOT getting leaks from the athletic department. Yes, that's what Sam, Lee and others believe, as it pertains to the big Yori scoop, because they couldn't possibly fathom that reporters at the LJS could, you know, actually do some digging and reporting without direct leaks. They're just sore, that's all. 

I want Miles to stay and am willing that his contract be extended.  This is regardless of how the season ends.  The AD has bigger concerns in other areas of the Athletic Department where several programs are barely competitive in or out of league play.

Softball for one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, nvhcynt said:

I can assure you the LJS was NOT getting leaks from the athletic department. Yes, that's what Sam, Lee and others believe, as it pertains to the big Yori scoop, because they couldn't possibly fathom that reporters at the LJS could, you know, actually do some digging and reporting without direct leaks. They're just sore, that's all. 

Well, we'll just have to disagree on this one.  

Been saying for weeks that next season for TM is not assured. Going to be dealing with the fallout from this article until the end of the season and beyond. 

Can't necessarily blame LB, despise him as I do, for writing an article about what everyone has been talking about(see the 24 page thread here at HHC) since the injury to Morrow and the losing streak. The lack of a contract extension to the standard 5yr deal was the first piece of wood on the fire and it was put their by SE.

BP was right about SE. Once the Callaghan part 2 experiment goes up in flames then we will be able to rid ourselves of him and his Jon Gordon motivational books once and for all. 

Eichorst needs to put an end to this. Miles job should not be in jeopardy at this current time.

if ed doesn't get hurt, we'd be 15-11 in a year where we had no expectations.

even at 12-14 we're exceeding expectations after losing shields/white who are probably 2 of the top 10 players to play here in the last 15 years.

Edited by TimSmiles

23 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

Eichorst needs to put an end to this. Miles job should not be in jeopardy at this current time.

if ed doesn't get hurt, we'd be 15-11 in a year where we had no expectations.

even at 12-14 we're exceeding expectations after losing shields/white who are probably 2 of the top 10 players to play here in the last 15 years.

With Shields/White last year we went 16-18(6-12).  That's probably not the drum Miles wants to beat.  Nor is claiming at 12-14 we are exceeding expectations.  Losing Morrow this year is a viable excuse.  He was probably worth 1-2 wins when he was out.  But, he was also injured last year and very well could go thru the same deal the next few years. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13