Northwestern and Nebraska in the NCAA Tournament

jayschool

8 hours ago, nebfan24 said:

I wonder how much they look at morrows injury, with him we are 5-2 so far, winning out would be 9-2 with him with only losses being wiscy and nw.

if they finish 10-8 they would likely be 4 or 5 in the conference would be hard to see them not making it like that wouldn't it

I think they will only look at it...is if Nebraska is close in their perception with their overall resume.

If they are comparing 3 or 4 teams that are firmly on the bubble/last four in conversation...I think the committee will look at Injuries and how a full complement of players makes them a different team.

11 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Boy, they really could lose their last 4 games

You aren't kidding...and if they do it could have easily been the last 5 games...lots of butt-puckering going on in Evanston.  If there's one fanbase in the B1G that thinks they're cursed more than Nebraska's does, it's Northwestern's.

Sat Feb 18 31 127 Rutgers W, 69-65 59   Home 20-7 9-5  
Tue Feb 21 34 66 Illinois L, 66-50 65   Away 20-8 9-6 a.gif
Sat Feb 25   45 Indiana L, 73-70 65 40% Away   × a.gif
Wed Mar 1   27 Michigan W, 67-65 60 57% Home   × b.gif
Sat Mar 4   11 Purdue L, 71-68 66 41% Home   × a.gif

11 hours ago, nebfan24 said:

First post here, if nebraska wins out (which i predict they will), taking into account ed morrows injury losing a few games, does nebraska make the tournament?

also if northwestern loses 3/4 games which is a possibility. nebraska could potentially get the 4 seed

Waffled on posting something similar.  In the end, chose against it thinking that my "prediction" was more of a hope.  Hard to believe how different our situation would be at 14-12 as opposed to 12-14. 

Roll off six in a row from here?  18-15?   Probably just more hoping; but a boy can dream, can't he?

I think we are closer to the tournament than some are able to wrap their minds around. 

For example, Clemson has 4 conference wins and was 14-12 prior to their last second loss last night and in Lunardi's first four out. 

Should we happen to win out we would have 10 conference wins, sport an RPI of 49, and a SOS of 3.  They aren't keeping a 10 win Big Ten team out. And I don't think it really matters what happens in the B1G tournament at that point. 

Some have in their minds that we have reach a magic win total of whatever and think we would need to string together Big Ten tournament wins.

13 minutes ago, ajb5856 said:

I think we are closer to the tournament than some are able to wrap their minds around. 

For example, Clemson has 4 conference wins and was 14-12 prior to their last second loss last night and in Lunardi's first four out. 

Should we happen to win out we would have 10 conference wins, sport an RPI of 49, and a SOS of 3.  They aren't keeping a 10 win Big Ten team out. And I don't think it really matters what happens in the B1G tournament at that point. 

Some have in their minds that we have reach a magic win total of whatever and think we would need to string together Big Ten tournament wins.

I just fear that we are not on anyone's radar.  Like Clemson stinks yes... but they are on the radar at least.  It seems as though a Nebraska win is like "What is going on with TEAM X" rather than "Wow, Nebraska is really improved and they are doing so well with Ed Marrow back!"

8 hours ago, 49r said:

You aren't kidding...and if they do it could have easily been the last 5 games...lots of butt-puckering going on in Evanston.  If there's one fanbase in the B1G that thinks they're cursed more than Nebraska's does, it's Northwestern's.

If you've ever spent any time on the Northwestern campus, their butts are always puckered. That being said, I'd be REAL surprised if they didn't make it. We have to, HAVE to win the B1G tournament. I think we go 3 -1 down the stretch, and I hate to say it, but lose one more home game.

13 hours ago, 49r said:

You can say that again! How hard it has been for me to be a fan of BOTH schools.

10 hours ago, ajb5856 said:

I agree with this, though I think we'd need one B1G tourney win.  Win out and we're in the tournament with that sos.  

On 2/21/2017 at 9:25 PM, nebfan24 said:

First post here, if nebraska wins out (which i predict they will), taking into account ed morrows injury losing a few games, does nebraska make the tournament?

also if northwestern loses 3/4 games which is a possibility. nebraska could potentially get the 4 seed

On top of winning out the next 3, we'd have to make it to the conference finals for them to even consider it. The committee's perception of the B1G this year doesn't help our cause if that were to happen. I'm still worried about us getting a bid for the NIT I'd worry about that one first.

32 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Speaking of colossal crashes... how about Kansas State.  Yikes.

A lot of people want Bruce Fired.

Several months ago I mentioned that Webber would fit the Laranaga/Riley mold of Shawn Eichorst hires.

Here's to hoping and praying that I was wrong.  Although at Illinois and Kansas State he was good for a season or two or three, until he ran out of players.

In Lunardi's Feb. 27 update, he has Northwestern dropping to a 10 seed (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology).

And while we're at it, here's the outlook for the Big Ten (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch):

LOCKS: Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue, Wisconsin

SHOULD BE IN: Michigan, Northwestern

WORK LEFT TO DO: Illinois, Michigan State

OUT: Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers

5 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

In Lunardi's Feb. 27 update, he has Northwestern dropping to a 10 seed (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology).

And while we're at it, here's the outlook for the Big Ten (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch):

LOCKS: Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue, Wisconsin

SHOULD BE IN: Michigan, Northwestern

WORK LEFT TO DO: Illinois, Michigan State

OUT: Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers

Technically Joe.... no one is "Out"