CBI

Bugeaters1

I want these young guys getting as much experience this year as humanly possible.  Our freshmen and sophomores need to gel as much as possible in preparation for the addition of Copeland and help establish a culture for Akenten.  

1st Goal:  Catch fire and with the B1G Tournament.

2nd Goal:  Catch fire and make the NIT.

3rd Goal:  Continue to play hard and take the work ethic into the CBI. 

Our W/L isn't really indicative of individual growth.  Those are two separate things.  I don't see any players regressing individually.  I'm a Miles fan and am firmly in his corner to coach next season, but we've truly been outcoached the last two games.  These young pups need live reps--particularly the freshmen.  

On 2/19/2017 at 5:33 PM, cipsucks said:

Talking about the CBI at this stage is like wondering which ugly girl is gonna dance with you before you even asked the prettiest one to go out to your car on a subzero night and check out the sights at a Lincoln city park....

Lol this reminds me of the night in high school when some buddies and I were out driving around and realized the lock on the gate on the south side of Holmes like was open and there were two cars parked back behind golf course (I am sure they were looking at the view of the capital building from there).  Needless to say, neither of the guys was happy when they tried to leave only to find out they were locked in.  (Sidenote, if any of the folks here are the two guys, I apologize now).

Oh and if I were in charged, if offered a CBI spot I would take it.

Edited by colhusker

6 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I want these young guys getting as much experience this year as humanly possible.  Our freshmen and sophomores need to gel as much as possible in preparation for the addition of Copeland and help establish a culture for Akenten.  

1st Goal:  Catch fire and with the B1G Tournament.

2nd Goal:  Catch fire and make the NIT.

3rd Goal:  Continue to play hard and take the work ethic into the CBI. 

Our W/L isn't really indicative of individual growth.  Those are two separate things.  I don't see any players regressing individually.  I'm a Miles fan and am firmly in his corner to coach next season, but we've truly been outcoached the last two games.  These young pups need live reps--particularly the freshmen.  

I've been opposed to the CBI until your "young pups" comment made me think about our freshmen's recent struggles. They might really benefit from playing some lesser competition and seeing some more positive results that might give them a boost of confidence.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

out coached!!!

John Groce's strategy of having his guys make 55% of their 3 point attempts - even when guarded - was a pretty brilliant strategy I must say.  I have no idea why Tim is so dumb he can't think of these things too.

Please.  Illinois and Michigan State played with an intensity and confidence that we didn't match, period.  That is coaching.  Those shots go in a lot more often when you know who you are as an offense.  Anyone can see the jury is out on Miles as an in-game coach.  I just happen to think that matters way less than his remarkable recruiting prowess.  If he can fill our roster with top 150 talent from Fr-Sr, minor coaching deficiencies aren't going to matter much.  That said, Miles is a smart guy, and a VERY inexperienced power 5 coach.  I believe he will improve next season.   

Illinois and MSU have won 4 of their last 5.  That's not a fluke.  

The only coach in this league that I would trade TM for is Izzo.  I don't think anyone else could get these great young players to come here.  I'm 100% for another TM season no matter what happens the rest of the way.  That doesn't mean I have to be dishonest about the performance of his team this year.  

Edited by LK1

FTR, I think the coaching job this year has actually been good.  Our team's effort has been great most of the season, and injuries screwed us from being on the bubble right now.  I would call it a very good coaching job if it weren't for the inexcusable losses to GW and Rutgers.  

Edited by LK1

The only thing that bothers me EVERY game from a coaching standpoint is the complete and utter lack of ingenuity on in-bounds plays. Getting tired of the old "throw it in to half-court" thing we have going on right now. Illinois actually ran several sets and scored a few times out of in-bounds plays. :(

5 hours ago, Coaches kid said:

The only thing that bothers me EVERY game from a coaching standpoint is the complete and utter lack of ingenuity on in-bounds plays. Getting tired of the old "throw it in to half-court" thing we have going on right now. Illinois actually ran several sets and scored a few times out of in-bounds plays. :(

FWIW, Coach Collier was real good at drawing up in-bounds plays if I remember right.

Please.  Illinois and Michigan State played with an intensity and confidence that we didn't match, period.  That is coaching.  Those shots go in a lot more often when you know who you are as an offense.  Anyone can see the jury is out on Miles as an in-game coach.  I just happen to think that matters way less than his remarkable recruiting prowess.  If he can fill our roster with top 150 talent from Fr-Sr, minor coaching deficiencies aren't going to matter much.  That said, Miles is a smart guy, and a VERY inexperienced power 5 coach.  I believe he will improve next season.   

Illinois and MSU have won 4 of their last 5.  That's not a fluke.  

The only coach in this league that I would trade TM for is Izzo.  I don't think anyone else could get these great young players to come here.  I'm 100% for another TM season no matter what happens the rest of the way.  That doesn't mean I have to be dishonest about the performance of his team this year.  

Pretty much how I feel about Miles. He just doesn't impress me as an in game coach BUT he seems to recruiting really well.

FTR, I think the coaching job this year has actually been good.  Our team's effort has been great most of the season, and injuries screwed us from being on the bubble right now.  I would call it a very good coaching job if it weren't for the inexcusable losses to GW and Rutgers.  

Getting beaten back to back soundly by MSU and Illinois was no picnic