uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 25 - Penn State

uneblinstu

54 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

They replayed it on the BTN twice after the break. It seems improbable that Penn State would be unaware of this.

Is this a worse offense than Jordy pulling Juwan Morgan down to the ground on his shoulder and putting him out of the rest of the game?

At least Tai wasn't hurt...

THAT is the team I thought we'd see this season with a far greater frequency, AND I thought it had more to do with US then who our opponent was. With the return of Ed and the phoenix like ascension of Isiah and Jordy it sure looks like we can make some hay down the stretch. Rest assured no one wants to see the Huskers on their side of the bracket come B1G Tourney time. 

Don't forget Jack, @Handy Johnson

He's gone from being timid on defense and just standing at the 3 point line looking to shoot jumpers to being much more aggressive on both ends, choosing to drive to the hoop about half the time.  Dare I say he's maybe even playing with a bit of swagger...

But point is taken.  It's amazing how just an injury or two can totally disrupt a team's flow and chemistry.  Just getting Ed back in the rotation has made this team look night and day different!

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Is this a worse offense than Jordy pulling Juwan Morgan down to the ground on his shoulder and putting him out of the rest of the game?

Absolutely.  Bigs are grabbing each other's arms down there underneath all game long.  It's hard to see and it's rarely called.  Probably happens to Jordy a dozen times per game and Jordy, being a freshman, hasn't figured out the finer points of holding.  He held onto Morgan's arm.  But he didn't pull him downward.  He just held on to Morgan to try to keep him from getting better position and, when Morgan jumped, Jordy's holding on causes him to hit the ground.  Try tethering yourself to a heavy object and then jumping against the tether and see what happens to you.  Nothing more than the usual kinds of grabbing, pulling and clamping of arms that goes on in every single game.  Just happened that Morgan jumped while Jordy was holding.  Pretty innocent in the grand scheme of things.

That guy blindsiding Tai was different.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Did Reeves do that on purpose? I'm pretty sure Jordy didn't.

In terms of "SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS" levels, I would say it's along the same fans grumbling but nothing should happen sort of deal. It certainly didn't come up in either presser. 

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

In terms of "SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS" levels, I say it's along the same fans grumbling but nothing should happen sort of deal. It certainly didn't come up in either presser. 

Yeah.  I mean, for me this is like an 8 on the FRANCON Alert System scale.

8 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

In terms of "SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS" levels, I would say it's along the same fans grumbling but nothing should happen sort of deal. It certainly didn't come up in either presser. 

I was glad it did not come up in either presser. That's not where handling something like this OUGHT to come up. I suspect it should come up privately between Miles and Chambers and then give Chambers time to address it. You know, it was a field day in the sports media when Grayson Allen tripped a player. Allen was compelled to apologize and was suspended by Duke. Unlike Allen, Reeves' play was a one time thing but there ought to at least be a phone call to Coach Miles and Tai somewhere along the lines if there hasn't already been one.

36 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Absolutely.  Bigs are grabbing each other's arms down there underneath all game long.  It's hard to see and it's rarely called.  Probably happens to Jordy a dozen times per game and Jordy, being a freshman, hasn't figured out the finer points of holding.  He held onto Morgan's arm.  But he didn't pull him downward.  He just held on to Morgan to try to keep him from getting better position and, when Morgan jumped, Jordy's holding on causes him to hit the ground.  Try tethering yourself to a heavy object and then jumping against the tether and see what happens to you.  Nothing more than the usual kinds of grabbing, pulling and clamping of arms that goes on in every single game.  Just happened that Morgan jumped while Jordy was holding.  Pretty innocent in the grand scheme of things.

That guy blindsiding Tai was different.

Exactly. I don't see this as being even remotely close to the deal with Jordy and Morgan.   That said I don't think we make too big of a thing out of this either.  Should not have been a subject at the presser - or anything the conference should do based on this one act.  I am also sure that in his mind the kid was trying to get rebounding position and was not just out to maliciously injure Tai.  All that said if I am Pat Chambers and I see this I make sure the kid understands that this was not the appropriate way to behave on the basketball court regardless of whether he was trying to get rebounding position.

A person over on the PSU message board had this to say about us last night.

That is an enjoyable board to read. Really embodies the mid-west; optimistic, G-rated, friendly.

Every prediction was a Husker win, with most predicting a cover (I am assuming we will be about a 5-point dog, similar to Illini spread). I don't think they know much about us or our athletes.

10 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

A person over on the PSU message board had this to say about us last night.

That is an enjoyable board to read. Really embodies the mid-west; optimistic, G-rated, friendly.

Every prediction was a Husker win, with most predicting a cover (I am assuming we will be about a 5-point dog, similar to Illini spread). I don't think they know much about us or our athletes.

I see they struggle with the semicolon as well. 

51 minutes ago, colhusker said:

What software do you use to edit video?

Typically just Windows Movie Maker, just part of Windows. Adding on sound effects was simple.

video came from capturing video from the desktop of the BTN playback.  Wasn't real happy with what i randomly downloaded as I don't typically record video.  Would take any suggestions

23 hours ago, 49r said:

Don't forget Jack, @Handy Johnson

He's gone from being timid on defense and just standing at the 3 point line looking to shoot jumpers to being much more aggressive on both ends, choosing to drive to the hoop about half the time.  Dare I say he's maybe even playing with a bit of swagger...

But point is taken.  It's amazing how just an injury or two can totally disrupt a team's flow and chemistry.  Just getting Ed back in the rotation has made this team look night and day different!

It is 5 more fouls to give... The bigs can play more freely now