uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 25 - Penn State

uneblinstu

Looks Flagrant!  :o

(We'd get an ejection!  Remember Jacobson's 4th foul in the Iowa game when he was running the court and Bohannon basically cuts him off.  In the replay you could clearly see Bohannon bracing himself for the impact, even though it was from behind and Bohannon was looking straight ahead.)

Edited by Red Don

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

-IMO, there are two changes that Morrow should be working on in the off-season: keeping the ball high (as you astutely pointed out) when he receives it in the low post, and learning to pass out of the low post.  He's great 1-on-1 against anyone trying to stop him down low, but teams seem to double and even triple-team him because they know he's not going to pass.  Find the open guy Ed, and don't put the ball on the deck.  The rest of his game is excellent.

-I'm glad you commented on the whole one/two feet in the lane bit.  I felt like we played closer to true man-to-man principles than normal, which resulted in far fewer wide-open 3pt attempts.  But I couldn't really put my finger on exactly what was different.  I think you nailed it on the head there.

I would have Ed watch film of the Colson kid at Notre Dame. Think they are similarly sized guys and that kids scores on everyone down low. He even added a 3 point shot this year I believe. Ed needs more jump hooks, face ups, and others to compliment the power. If he does that watch out.

I earlier stated that the cheap shot wasn't overly blatant - didn't think it was all that bad from the in-game replay.  I retract that statement.  That was pretty bad.

Also, on a more humorous note, I always get a kick out of announcers that don't know whether players are right-handed or left-handed.  Shon Morris commented on Jordy T's ambidextrous play as he put in a left-handed layup.

18 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

yeah didn't see that at the game, I would have to say cheap shot

I did not notice it then either.   Miles needs to be sending this film clip to both the conference and to Pat Chambers.  I would not expect the conference to do anything but store it away for future reference if the kid repeats this behavior.  Don't know about Chambers but if I was the coach I would discipline this player in some form - show him the clip and then tell him when you do this kind of crap you run stairs for awhile.

20 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

I did not notice it then either.   Miles needs to be sending this film clip to both the conference and to Pat Chambers.  I would not expect the conference to do anything but store it away for future reference if the kid repeats this behavior.  Don't know about Chambers but if I was the coach I would discipline this player in some form - show him the clip and then tell him when you do this kind of crap you run stairs for awhile.

Any chance we can get someone to tweet that GIF at Pat Chambers?  I'm not a twitterer myself

8 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I had fun with this one

That was great!.  In the moment, I figured he'd dribble it off his foot.  What's he got down there?  Size 18? 19? 20?

Hell of a move.

BTW, I think it was Moore on the defense, not Reeves.

Oops, looks like the "WTF" was pointed at Reeves.  My bad.

Edited by NUtball

3 minutes ago, NUtball said:

That was great!.  In the moment, I figured he'd dribble it off his foot.  What's he got down there?  Size 18? 19? 20?

Hell of a move.

BTW, I think it was Moore on the defense, not Reeves.

Moore has him in the post, Stevens is on the other side of the circle keeping tabs on Webster at the 3pt line.  He's the guy in the gif just standing there watching Jordy coming towards him.

46 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I earlier stated that the cheap shot wasn't overly blatant - didn't think it was all that bad from the in-game replay.  I retract that statement.  That was pretty bad.

I would give the kid the benefit of the doubt.  

It probably should have been called a foul...since he displaced Tai, but in my opinon, he was trying to get inside position and got a little over zealous...the fact that he continued to the hoop to try to grab the board leads me to believe it wasn't intended to be a cheap shot, but to get position for a Rebound.

6 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I would give the kid the benefit of the doubt.  

It probably should have been called a foul...since he displaced Tai, but in my opinon, he was trying to get inside position and got a little over zealous...the fact that he continued to the hoop to try to grab the board leads me to believe it wasn't intended to be a cheap shot, but to get position for a Rebound.

Yeah, probably so, but you should have a little more sense than to try and cut in front of someone and give them a hip and shoulder check when you're going full bore.

Give him an illegal block in the back penalty and add 15 yards to the end of the return.

Edited by NUtball

52 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

Targeting of a defenseless player.  That should draw a flag every time.