Those refs had no clue where they even were

ajb5856

At what point do you say OK, we are not going to get beat with the 3 ball? We defend it terribly, I know. We don't rotate or close out anywhere near quick enough.   I know that we are one of the worst teams in the Big Ten at defending the 3 point shot, if not the worst!  

End of the game situation, up by 2.  Why are we not just playing straight up man to man and taking our chances. The one way that we can get beat, we leave it wide open. Why?  

36 minutes ago, Lifetimesker said:

At what point do you say OK, we are not going to get beat with the 3 ball? We defend it terribly, I know. We don't rotate or close out anywhere near quick enough.   I know that we are one of the worst teams in the Big Ten at defending the 3 point shot, if not the worst!  

End of the game situation, up by 2.  Why are we not just playing straight up man to man and taking our chances. The one way that we can get beat, we leave it wide open. Why?  

Looked like we were trying to down (not let Wisconsin use the screen), but Jacobson didn't see Hayes slip till it was too late. Watson was playing on the top hip of the ballhandler and Jacobson was helping on a potential drive to the rim. Jacobson should have communicated the slip which would have allowed Watson to reposition himself and for Jacobson to return to Hayes 

22 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

It's possible for us to lose the game because we didn't do enough and for this to be a shit show because that's what happened.

If I'm understanding you correctly, we lost the game. We played so incredibly well in some aspects of the game. Well enough to take #5 in the country or whatever to the wire. We also did or didn't do numerous things that could've won us the game (had a million chances). With all of these things being true (playing well enough to be there yet shortcomings), as an aside, the refs blew major ass. Separate from everything that we did or didn't do and what Wisconsin did or didn't do--the refs failed. I always have and always will hate the "didn't deserve to win" attitude. Everyone saw with their eyes what we failed at. Yes we had a million chances. Despite all of those things, the refs still sucked, and maybe, just maybe we deserved to win even if we didn't do everything perfectly. Wisconsin banked in a 3 for godssakes. He banked it in.  Missed so badly that it went in. And had Wisconsin lost and we won, somebody rooting for Wisconsin would've thrown out the "didn't deserve to win" because so and so didn't do something. I hate basketball so much right now.

5 minutes ago, ajb5856 said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, we lost the game. We played so incredibly well in some aspects of the game. Well enough to take #5 in the country or whatever to the wire. We also did or didn't do numerous things that could've won us the game (had a million chances). With all of these things being true (playing well enough to be there yet shortcomings), as an aside, the refs blew major ass. Separate from everything that we did or didn't do and what Wisconsin did or didn't do--the refs failed. I always have and also will hate the "didn't deserve to win" attitude. Everyone saw with their eyes what we failed at. Yes we had a million chances. Despite all of those things, the refs still sucked, and maybe, just maybe we deserved to win even if we didn't do everything perfectly. Wisconsin banked in a 3 for godssakes. He banked it in.  Missed so badly that it went in. And had Wisconsin lost and we won, somebody rooting for Wisconsin would've thrown out the "didn't deserve to win" because so and so didn't do something. I hate basketball so much right now.

Yes. Yes. Yes.Yes.Absolutely. Yes. Pretty much. Yes. Yup. Certainly. Bleh. Ugh. Barf. They still suck. YES

giphy.gif

I'm curious about the difference between when they would swipe at the ball and it would result in a turnover versus when we would swipe at the ball and it's a foul.  Isaiah Roby fouled out basically doing nothing any different then what Wisconsin was doing on the other  and of the floor all night long. 

Also, can anyone explain Glynn's  third foul to me? The replay showed that he was standing alone in a ZIP Code different from where there was any sort of contact. 

Edited by Norm Peterson

I was at the game but how in the world did the three blind mice give the ball back to Wisconsin after looking at the replay.. 

At at the game it was so obvious that not only did it hit the Wisconsin players hand, but that Tai or for that fact no Husker was ever close to that ball at any time.

it was either thrown straight out of bounds by Nigel, or went off the other players hand.

That was the biggest turning point to me, because they got the bank in three then, and it was us playing catch up.

Also did one of our rifle team girls shoot that kid on the foul on the three?. Sweet goodness I have never seen anybody drop that fast and hard in my life.

And yet those guys will continue to ref Big 10 basketball games?! Why should they do a good job when there are no repercussions for their ineptitude? I have no idea what any of you do for living but guessing you would be "handed your pink slip" if your performance was as bad as what went on last night at PBA. 

17 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, you think the refs did a fine job, then? 

Absolutely not. But the refs don't (in most cases) affect turnover margins, shooting percentages, etc. I'm surprised we were able to keep this game close and I think it's more of a testimont to the team for keeping this game close despite the fact we didn't have a lead until 5 minutes to go in the 2nd half. Our team needs to control what they can and they did that by shooting better than Wisconsin, but they shot themselves in the foot with an unbelievable amount of turnovers. All that, without the help of zebras with whistles.

26 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm curious about the difference between when they would swipe at the ball and it would result in a turnover versus when we would swipe at the ball and it's a foul.  Isaiah Roby fouled out basically doing nothing any different then what Wisconsin was doing on the other  and of the floor all night long. 

Also, can anyone explain Glynn's  third foul to me? The replay showed that he was standing alone in a ZIP Code different from where there was any sort of contact. 

Roby got 5 fouls for basically having long arms.  How do you pick up a 5th foul on a loose ball while lying on your back?

I could go on and on. The inconsistencies were atrocious. The phantom foul on Glynn when Jack flopped was ridiculous. Then there was the time Horne cruised down the baseline only to have the defender do a pull-up on his forearm with no call. That was the type of inconsistency we were dealing with. And we almost won anyway. I don't dislike any of you quit whining about the refs we had our chances people, but dear god why does that excuse 3 refs for being severely incompetent and grossly inconsistent?

It's Nebraska and we weren't suppose to win. Can I say the fix was in?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I was at the game but how in the world did the three blind mice give the ball back to Wisconsin after looking at the replay.. 

At at the game it was so obvious that not only did it hit the Wisconsin players hand, but that Tai or for that fact no Husker was ever close to that ball at any time.

it was either thrown straight out of bounds by Nigel, or went off the other players hand.

That was the biggest turning point to me, because they got the bank in three then, and it was us playing catch up.

Also did one of our rifle team girls shoot that kid on the foul on the three?. Sweet goodness I have never seen anybody drop that fast and hard in my life.

The only replay we saw was really not conclusive enough to over turn is my guess.

9 hours ago, colhusker said:

Unfortunately, they were horrible both ways.  Difference WAS that they made the plays at the end and we did not.

How do you get a down arrow for this comment, jdw3 what is wrong with it?  Officiating was bad, our crowd boo'ed a call against them.  They hit a 3 at the end and tipped the ball away to save the game.  We drew up a play that really had no chance. Thus we did NOT make the play.

How do you get a down arrow for this comment, jdw3 what is wrong with it?  Officiating was bad, our crowd boo'ed a call against them.  They hit a 3 at the end and tipped the ball away to save the game.  We drew up a play that really had no chance. Thus we did NOT make the play.

Maybe he meant to give an up arrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk