Wisconsin (20-3) vs. Nebraska (10-13) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

This season sucks.  The basketball gods are laughing at us, now.  They were like,  watch this.  We'll have Mike, who hasn't attempted a 3 in conference play, make a 3 to tie the game.  They were just delaying the inevitable for 5 minutes.  Then, they just let Koening make a shot, that should have broke the backboard.

I'm not sure how popular of an opinion this is but I'd much rather have Glynn taking last second game winning shots over Tai. I know Tai is the senior leader but Glynn just seems to have ice in his veins. I believe he already has two buzzer beating shots to tie games. 

I felt the same way with the Clemson game.

Players and coaches should be commended for continuing to coach and play hard, and fans for filling the vault.  Miles should be commended for keeping this team playing hard.  A lesser fan base would have a half full arena for a 10-14 team.  Just have to keep on working.  When we break through it'll be that much sweeter.

7 minutes ago, Huskerone said:

Players and coaches should be commended for continuing to coach and play hard, and fans for filling the vault.  Miles should be commended for keeping this team playing hard.  A lesser fan base would have a half full arena for a 10-14 team.  Just have to keep on working.  When we break through it'll be that much sweeter.

Hear, hear!!!

11 minutes ago, khoock said:

I'm not sure how popular of an opinion this is but I'd much rather have Glynn taking last second game winning shots over Tai. I know Tai is the senior leader but Glynn just seems to have ice in his veins. I believe he already has two buzzer beating shots to tie games. 

I felt the same way with the Clemson game.

Actually, Miles said they tried to get Watson a shot at the end of regulation.  He gave it up because he didn't feel he could make the shot.  They didn't want to go to Watson at the end of OT because of that. 

This team needs to have a come to Jesus meeting, and get sick and tired of losing.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  One game they let the other team shoot 50 + % from 3.  The next game, they get outshot at the free throw line by 25 attempts.  Another game, they turn the ball over 22 times, and miss free throws.    We have to figure out how to stop teams from making 3's, make free throws, and handle the ball.  We have enough talent to beat most teams in the Big 10. 

Roby fouling out with quite a bit of time left in regulation was a huge blow. I don't think that should be overlooked or forgotten. Yes we could've done more down the stretch to pull it out in regulation or overtime but I think with his length and athleticism in there it changes what the opponent tries to do. Glad to see him have a good game and gain some confidence. He will be big time for us. It just seemed like he was to scared to make mistakes or was timid in previous games. Hopefully this helps him break out a little bit, not sweat the small stuff and just get after it. Definitely a step forward tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Actually, Miles said they tried to get Watson a shot at the end of regulation.  He gave it up because he didn't feel he could make the shot.  They didn't want to go to Watson at the end of OT because of that. 

I thought Miles was saying they drew the up the last possession in OT for Watson, but he fell down.  

8 hours ago, brfrad said:

This season sucks.  The basketball gods are laughing at us, now.  They were like,  watch this.  We'll have Mike, who hasn't attempted a 3 in conference play, make a 3 to tie the game.  They were just delaying the inevitable for 5 minutes.  Then, they just let Koening make a shot, that should have broke the backboard.

The look on Miles' face when he drained that three-pointer. And that long jumper in overtime. Priceless.

5 hours ago, jimmykc said:

What happened with the "Husker Power" thing?

once again I thought louder than when the lights and cheerleaders did it.

also did later in the game.

Antbody know a redzoner?. Get that cheer going when the other team is shooting a big free throw for goodness sake.. use it!

14 hours ago, burgundy95 said:

Roby fouling out with quite a bit of time left in regulation was a huge blow. I don't think that should be overlooked or forgotten. Yes we could've done more down the stretch to pull it out in regulation or overtime but I think with his length and athleticism in there it changes what the opponent tries to do. Glad to see him have a good game and gain some confidence. He will be big time for us. It just seemed like he was to scared to make mistakes or was timid in previous games. Hopefully this helps him break out a little bit, not sweat the small stuff and just get after it. Definitely a step forward tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.  

If Roby stays out of foul trouble, we win the game.  

Roby must be getting healthy again.  His presence on the court is becoming invaluable.