Ed Morrow Jr.

rwmctrofholz

If this has already been addressed in a previous thread, or if it's an awful question, I encourage the criticism.

If Ed Morrow Jr. did not play another game this year, would he be eligible to apply for a medical red shirt?

I don't believe Gill will qualify either. Has to be less than 30% of the games played. I think Gill is right around 40%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the rules....

"On occasion, a student-athlete may have competed and used up a year of eligibility, but because of an incapacitating injury/illness, they may be granted a hardship waiver and receive an additional year of eligibility.  In order for this to happen, the following criteria must be satisfied:

1. The injury/illness is season ending;

2. The injury/illness occurs prior to the completion of the first half of the season; and

3. The injury/illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than the greater of three contests/dates of completion or 30% of the team's scheduled contests/dates of competition during the team's traditional season."

Gill:  Played in 12 games (12/23 =52.1%)

Morrow: Played in 16 games (16/23=69.5%)

Remaining schedule: 7 regular season games and at least 1 conference tournament game. Gill obviously won't return.  Morrow's status in question

Gill: 12/31=38.7%

Morrow: 16/31=51.6%