Rachel Blackburn update?

leichleiter2

Her dad hasn't been posting here this year...I assume because Rachel can't play. But wish he could let the fans know how she's doing, unless its preferred by themselves, or the team ...to not report on injured players.

Just wishful thinking... it would be great if she had a twin so there could be two Rachel's on the team. ;)

We need her for her excellent play and leadership. Obviously a great teammate and well liked by the the rest of the team..

Edited by redsteve

hoping for the best--------preparing for the worst. if i remember correctly, the situation was along the lines of chronic knee pain. after doing some reading about it (when the topic of surgery came up), and i don't want to sound negative, but, it will be interesting to see how the situation unfolds. would have to search the forum, but, i think dllrk had some serious questions about the situation last season.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So sorry to hear/read about the death of Row 6. 

Regarding Rachel: 

1. We talked to Rachel last night.  She says practice is going very well for her and the team.  She thinks she's doing well in practice... She's humble, so I'll take her at her word. 

2. She's very optimistic regarding how good the team can be (with respect to being competitive in the Big 10).  She loves her coaches and her teammates. 

3. She loved her high school team, and she said that this team gives her that same feel... They care about each other and want to be around each other.  The old team chemistry is working.

4. Knees:  When she's on the court they don't hurt much.  If she sits, they tighten up.  Nobody on the planet really knows why her knees hurt.  I wish I knew how it is going to turn out.  So does she...

5. She can't wait to play.

6. Fall break is this weekend.  She'll be at the Chiefs game on Sunday...  Section 117, Row 15, Seat 1 or 2.  With luck the Chiefs will crush the Steelers.  We'll see.  

Edited by dlrrk

Regarding Rachel: 
1. We talked to Rachel last night.  She says practice is going very well for her and the team.  She thinks she's doing well in practice... She's humble, so I'll take her at her word. 
2. She's very optimistic regarding how good the team can be (with respect to being competitive in the Big 10).  She loves her coaches and her teammates. 
3. She loved her high school team, and she said that this team gives her that same feel... They care about each other and want to be around each other.  The old team chemistry is working.
4. Knees:  When she's on the court they don't hurt much.  If she sits, they tighten up.  Nobody on the planet really knows why her knees hurt.  I wish I knew how it is going to turn out.  So does she...
6. Fall break is this weekend.  She'll be at the Chiefs game on Sunday...  Section 117, Row 15, Seat 1 or 2.  With luck the Chiefs will crush the Steelers.  We'll see.  
So has she reached maximum medical improvement? Will she need further treatment/surgery?

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Let me just add something, Dlrrk; a quote from Row6Seat10, made earlier in July re: Predictions for this season's non-con record.

Now, I’m not saying Coach Williams needs to equal what Coach Yori did or do better and I’m not ready and probably won’t be for a while to make a win-loss prediction. But as I look at the somewhat easy non-conference schedule and what I think will be a down year in the B1G I at least see her going 500 or better her second year. That all depends on one thing though, we must keep Rachel Blackburn healthy all season. She is the backbone and leader of this team and it does no good with her riding bench.  She in my belief is the key to making this upcoming season a success.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:16 PM, dlrrk said:

Regarding Rachel: 

Great to hear from you Dlrrk !

We're all hoping Rachel has a good year, playing as much as she can ....and has some real enjoyment doing it.

The remark #3 about team chemistry working is music to the fan here on hoops. Been hard to come by for a while. And that seems to be Coach Amy's style....good teammates that work hard and have fun too. .... chemistry.

Hard to realize the season is not to far off now.   Nov 5th  is marked on my calendar !!

Regarding further treatment...  I'm not allowed to comment.  However, she/we've done a bunch of stuff. 

She is going to play.  She says she feels better now than she did this time last year. 

Bottom Line:  She'll play until the pain is so excruciating that she just can't take it.  Then she'll go a little more.