Hear that Husker Power is going to be killed

hhcmatt

28 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Personally I don't really care if we do the Husker Power chant or not during intro's as long as we don't do the 3 clap thing like at NU volleyball games. 

That's sort of the point...your current options are

1. Husker Power

2. 3 clap thing

3. Nothing

33 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Personally I don't really care if we do the Husker Power chant or not during intro's as long as we don't do the 3 clap thing like at NU volleyball games. 

I think the U wants us to replace Husker Power with "Thank you" after each player is introduced...just to keep up with the "Nebraska Nice" thing. I mean the Student section is trying to get us all trained at the one minute mark in each half.  Starts off at the one minute mark...works its way to the the opposing team intros.  

20 minutes ago, 49r said:

Reddit commenters believe perhaps it is racially  motivated?

I dunno, but Iowa State still does the "Cyclone Power" chant at Hilton.

Maybe they just need to get rid of the cheerleaders altogether.  They can stop the cheerleaders, but they are going to have a hard time stopping the rest of us. Whoever it is that's complaining, needs to just give up their tickets to someone who wants to actually add to the energy, not drain it.  

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Reddit commenters believe perhaps it is racially  motivated?

I dunno, but Iowa State still does the "Cyclone Power" chant at Hilton.

Reading that reminded me why I usually avoid reddit.  Things spiral out of control quickly.

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay the higher ups asked for it.

We restart the  WHO CARES, YOU SUCK

who cares are the old husker side, you suck is power side.

do that about two times as loud as it was last night and they will be happy to bring back the husker power

Ironically, I noticed that Michigan State fans do the 'who cares, you suck' while holding up newspapers.... in their last game!!!!

As for the chant, I love it.

I think it should be done before every game, not just the "big" ones.

I was disappointed when I attended a game last year (before the conference started) and the chant wasn't done.  It's brilliant and specific to us.  To shut it down is absentminded.

Glad the fans kept it going a bit last night.

I think I've got it... We offended Iowa fans.  Who now are taking it out on us.  Bear with me.

Husker Power-- Husker is short for Cornhusker.  So really we're yelling Cornhusker Power.

Iowa was all mad because they think their corn and their cornhuskers are better.  Someone started a big #NotMyCornhusker rally on campus after they lost to us.

Now some fan from the team to the east states that Husker Power is actually degrading to all states who have corn and cornhuskers and the Our Corn Matters group started at Iowa got to our administration about it.

That has got to be the answer!  And if one of those guys ever yell Hawkeyes power... ohhh the things I would do to the hypocrites.

4 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The fans do the three clap thing at women's Basketball games as well. And I start yelling LAME and then I get an elbow to the ribs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL.....it's fine for the woman's sports but should not be used at men's events.  It is very lame so hope you don't get any broken ribs over it.  I think it would be funny if the place went totally quiet just like when we are shooting free throws.  Sometimes it's so quiet, you can hear a pin drop.  Maybe everyone should just become totally silent during opponents intro's in Husker Power chant has to go away.