Next Years Starting 5

Handy Johnson

8 hours ago, HB said:

A "back in the day" Husker glue guy:   Terry Novak.   After a very successful year his senior year (I think it was '77-78), we returned everybody except Terry, who was nothing flashy.   So hopes were high.    And we sucked.  All he did was "glue" stuff.   Teams need it.  His impact on the team was way more than anyone knew at the time. 

Terry was my buddies and my favorite player.  When we were in 7th grade or so, we all would run like him when we played pick up games.  He had a very interesting running style.

Also Tom Jr. was my Soph. basketball coach at Northeast.  We were VERY  fundamentally sound. 

Also in the best shape of my life because we ran, BOY DID WE RUN.

57 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Glynn is shooting north of 45% in these two scrimmages. He's made such a huge jump in that area since his freshman year. I don't know if he'll carry that pace through the year, but if he does, he'll be at the top of the conference. That number would have put him 3rd in the conference last year.

The numbers I've seen over the last two years + enough talent on this team that people can't just key on him leads me to believe this is quite doable regardless of whether you're talking about just 3pt% or overall %.

46 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

The numbers I've seen over the last two years + enough talent on this team that people can't just key on him leads me to believe this is quite doable regardless of whether you're talking about just 3pt% or overall %.

It is doable as long as he is not asked to play too many minutes.  Honestly Tai had to play too many minutes last year, there wasn't much of a choice.  By the end of the year he lost a significant amount of productivity. 

I would love it if we keep Glynn at about 28 minutes a night...tops. 

12 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Copeland and Roby should both be getting to the basket as well.  Just not sure if they are going to?

You can get to the basket and not draw contact.  Copeland has been ok in this regard. Not really a ton of data on Roby but nothing I've seen thus far on the court or on paper has led me to believe he's going to live at the FT line when he does shoot.  Jordy and Dube will get there plenty.

It hasn't been a big part of Taylor's , Watson's, McVeigh's, or Gill's game. Allen doesn't strike me as a dude who generates that sort of offense. I could be wrong.

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, huskercwg said:

What I appreciate is the rotation has a number of possibilities and likely is not yet set in stone.  Let's see how the next few weeks shake out before we declare a definitive line up.  I will still be shocked if Isaiah is not in the starting line up.  If he isn't, then that sincerely tells me that we are going to be exponentially better this season.

Bumped...Cool to go back and look through this thread :)