Next Years Starting 5

Handy Johnson

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

With the addition of Duby... our top 10.

1. Allen-- G

2. Watson-- G

3. Roby-- F

4. Copeland-- F

5. Jordy-- C

6. Jack-- F

7. Gill-- G

8. Taylor-- G

9. Nana-- G/F

10. Duby-- C

This becomes the most complete roster since _______________.

Where is Palmer?  I think he should be somewhere i the 6-8 range on your list

7 hours ago, mrjam said:

Why 33 minutes fo watson? Didn't he wear down by the end of the year. I was thinking more like 29 minutes so he will feel less pressure and be fresh by B10 season.  

Yes, Watson did wear down by the end of the year.  But this isn't me saying how I would build the rotation, it's my speculation with what Tim Miles will do (hence the use of the words "projected depth chart").  And Miles has played his best player(s) very high minutes every season...so yeah, 33 mpg to Glynn.

6 hours ago, hskr4life said:

With the addition of Duby... our top 10.

1. Allen-- G

2. Watson-- G

3. Roby-- F

4. Copeland-- F

5. Jordy-- C

6. Jack-- F

7. Gill-- G

8. Taylor-- G

9. Nana-- G/F

10. Duby-- C

This becomes the most complete roster since _______________.

1. watson 28

2.allen 23

3. roby 24

4. copeland 25

5 jordy 24

6th man- palmer 17

7jack 13

8 taylor 13

9 nana 13

10  duby 12

11 gill 8

this should be the best roster miles has had. It would have been nice to have morrow, but i don't see his absence being as big of a loss as white was last year.

Edited by TimSmiles

Be careful projecting incoming freshmen to be difference makers. We all expected Roby to be that and he didn't quite get there. I know he had the injuries that slowed him down in the summer. I'd just caution against putting too much on Allen and Nana. Hopefully they light the world on fire. That would be fun.

9 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Yes, Watson did wear down by the end of the year.  But this isn't me saying how I would build the rotation, it's my speculation with what Tim Miles will do (hence the use of the words "projected depth chart").  And Miles has played his best player(s) very high minutes every season...so yeah, 33 mpg to Glynn.

True and gotcha, maybe thats why they struggle by the end of year.  Maybe I'm just thinking less means more when it comes to some of the kids of today. I think with Allen at he point as well.

How could they not play faster they have 2 lol

I hope I don't have time to go through a drive thru somewhere come home and make it look all fancy with plates and such and see them with the same score as before I left

but I'm under the impression that it will be more uptempo this yr and I hope so

I'm going with by big ten play

Allen

Watson

Copeland/Roby 3 or 4 depending on matchups

And

Jordy

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

I hope I don't have time to go through a drive thru somewhere come home and make it look all fancy with plates and such and see them with the same score as before I left emoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji25.pngemoji13.png

Allen

Watson

And

Jordy

Agree with this lineup!  Seems like we say every off season its going to be more up tempo and it never happens...

20 minutes ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

I hope I don't have time to go through a drive thru somewhere come home and make it look all fancy with plates and such and see them with the same score as before I left emoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji25.pngemoji13.png

Allen

Watson

And

Jordy

There's a reason Michael Jacobson thought he'd be a back-up center rather than a starting power forward.   I think the above post goes a long way toward explaining it.

9 hours ago, khoock said:

When projecting rotations remember Miles regularly only goes 9 deep. So two maybe three players won't see much time on a regular basis. 

History tells us someone will be hurt/not eligible/transfer/etc

On the surface right now...have to think Gill is an odd man out.   Duby and Taylor will get time, but in limited roles IMO.   And unless Jack suddenly gets more reliable and consistent from the arc....I think he's going to struggle to find more than 6-8 minutes a game too (assuming we get Brase)

Edited by nustudent

Idk I have to admit I've only been following nebrasketball for maybe 2 yrs now but it seems to me with whats here already and 2 open scholarships.
I might be crazy but I'm expecting BIG leaps ahead for those that played minutes last yr and are still here.
I hear Palmer is really hard to guard and can shoot so I could see him playing a lot
I'm gonna go as far as to say that barring anything crazy happening that this team will make it too the sweet 16 at least next yr

4 minutes ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

Idk I have to admit I've only been following nebrasketball for maybe 2 yrs now but it seems to me with whats here already and 2 open scholarships.
I might be crazy but I'm expecting BIG leaps ahead for those that played minutes last yr and are still here.
I hear Palmer is really hard to guard and can shoot so I could see him playing a lot
I'm gonna go as far as to say that barring anything crazy happening that this team will make it too the sweet 16 at least next yr

I love you.

21 minutes ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

One concern I have with anyone who sits out a year, is the ability to get their playing legs under them again.  Oftentimes it takes some time to get their game back.  I was just starting to see a glimpse of Anton's game coming back to him, when he went down with injury last year.  We have three (perhaps there will be even more players) who will be starting the year after a long lay-off, I hope that doesn't translate into a slow start for the Huskers next season.