Next Years Starting 5

Handy Johnson

1. Roby

2. Glynn

3. Horne/Copeland (switch if Copeland is close 90%)

4. Ed ( some coach get him in the gym and starting shooting 15 footers)

5. Jordy (big ten watch out) 

6. McTrey

7. Nana 

8. Gill

9. Taylor

10. Palmer

11. Fuller 

12-15 walk ons who could possibly contribute which is nice. 

holy crap we're deep lord that's a treat. I like ROBY at Point Foward, and Glynn as the primary scoring threat, take the distributor mentality off his plate and I think he's even a better player 

1. Roby
2. Glynn

6. McTrey
7. Nana 
8. Gill
9. Taylor
10. Palmer
11. Fuller 

holy crap we're deep lord that's a treat. I like ROBY at Point Foward, and Glynn as the primary scoring threat, take the distributor mentality off his plate and I think he's even a better player 

MJ doesn't make the team next year? If he's not starting, he's the sixth man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, bobcat402 said:

1. Roby

2. Glynn

6. McTrey

7. Nana 

8. Gill

9. Taylor

10. Palmer

11. Fuller 

Not very high on Palmer eh? Have him below ET and an injured Gill that probably won't be cleared until July or August.

Could be accurate given that some ppl on here say he doesn't have the quickness to play the two gaurd (never seen him play so I have no idea). Regardless, I hope he can play gaurd bc we are already jammed up at the wing with Roby, Horne, and McVeigh.

44 minutes ago, khoock said:

Not very high on Palmer eh? Have him below ET and an injured Gill that probably won't be cleared until July or August.

Could be accurate given that some ppl on here say he doesn't have the quickness to play the two gaurd (never seen him play so I have no idea). Regardless, I hope he can play gaurd bc we are already jammed up at the wing with Roby, Horne, and McVeigh.

I guess I just don't know what he brings, ik what Taylor brings , and I'm hoping and assuming that while Gill loses explosion maybe his shot gets a letter better to compensate 

21 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Think Gill is the odd man out next year

Kind of what I'm thinking. With how the roster is now, I don't see many minutes for Gill or Fuller. And either Horne, McVeigh, or Roby is gonna be the odd man out on the wing just bc of a sheer lack of minutes available. Seems like a good problem to have tho.

On 2/4/2017 at 1:39 PM, bobcat402 said:

1. Roby

2. Glynn

6. McTrey

7. Nana 

8. Gill

9. Taylor

10. Palmer

11. Fuller 

Not so much at the 5 but it will do.

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

Quite a bit.

Gill was already behind guys returning, not incoming guys.   Webster also isn't coming off an injury and almost two years off.   

You missed the subject of my message, instead focusing on an example.  The focus of the message was "It is easy to discount who is already on the roster in favor of the hope and want of who is coming in."  The example was drawn to remind those who thought Tai was a sixth or seventh man, rather than the major focus of the offense.  But again, we all have the right of their own opinion.

18 hours ago, huskercwg said:

You missed the subject of my message, instead focusing on an example.  The focus of the message was "It is easy to discount who is already on the roster in favor of the hope and want of who is coming in."  The example was drawn to remind those who thought Tai was a sixth or seventh man, rather than the major focus of the offense.  But again, we all have the right of their own opinion.

I'm aware of the subject.    And again...I'm not referring to guys coming in.   I'm referring to guys already on the roster.   Don't see him beating out Tai, Taylor, Palmer, Horne, McVeigh, Roby right now.

Just now, uneblinstu said:

We never got a look at Gill at 100%. I don't know if he'll get there before the start of next season. That's a bummer because I think there's talent enough there to help the team win games.

Agree that he was never fully healthy.   But unfortunately for him, I can see his window closing.  I think his potential scoring is a nice bonus....but not sure I ever saw anything that he really adds on top of that.   He seems to be a very much all or nothing player.   Lots of empty minutes.   Not a lot of other contributions outside of the occasional game

Gills contributions will be based off of how quickly he returns. If he is able to return in early summer he has a decent enough time to get things going. If his recovery is more towards the longer end of the spectrum I just don't see there being enough time for him to catch up and or pass a lot of the players on our roster. Crazier things have happened and I hope he comes back better than ever. Can never have too much talent to choose from on a roster.

22 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Agree that he was never fully healthy.   But unfortunately for him, I can see his window closing.  I think his potential scoring is a nice bonus....but not sure I ever saw anything that he really adds on top of that.   He seems to be a very much all or nothing player.   Lots of empty minutes.   Not a lot of other contributions outside of the occasional game

I think there's a lot more there from him, but we may never got to see it realized. A shame when that happens.

28 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Don't agree with you much but bottom line here is this.   I don't see him being much of a factor but I hope like heck he heals up because I'd much rather have him next year than not.

Well atleast we can agree on something. I have penciled in as our 11th or 12th guy for next year. But I'm hoping for better.