Injury Updates

aphilso1

6 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Well, he might be ok. Thanks for trying, cwg, but my computer would still not let me watch here because of a "breach of the terms of contract", whatever that means.

Maybe like the Phoenix, Ed will arise from the ashes, ready for the end the season and in time for B1G Tourrnament Play!  :)

41 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Swollen lymph nodes "can" be a big deal.  Are we left to assume that this isn't a big deal???

I found this on Yahoo, about issue.

Along the course of the lymphatic vessels are situated the lymph nodes, more commonly called the lymph glands. These nodes are bean-shaped organs containing large numbers of leukocytes, embedded in a network of connective tissue. All the lymph being returned along the lymphatics to the bloodstream must pass through several of these nodes, which filter out infectious and toxic material and destroy it. The nodes serve as a center for the production of phagocytes, which engulf bacteria and poisonous substances (see Immune System). During the course of any infection, the nodes become enlarged because of the large number of phagocytes being produced; these nodes are often painful and inflamed. The swollen glands most often observed are located on the neck, in the armpit, and in the groin. Certain malignant tumors tend to “travel” along the lymphatics; surgical removal of all nodes that are suspected of being involved in the spread of such malignancies is an accepted therapeutic procedure.

6 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I found his on Yahoo, about issue.

Along the course of the lymphatic vessels are situated the lymph nodes, more commonly called the lymph glands. These nodes are bean-shaped organs containing large numbers of leukocytes, embedded in a network of connective tissue. All the lymph being returned along the lymphatics to the bloodstream must pass through several of these nodes, which filter out infectious and toxic material and destroy it. The nodes serve as a center for the production of phagocytes, which engulf bacteria and poisonous substances (see Immune System). During the course of any infection, the nodes become enlarged because of the large number of phagocytes being produced; these nodes are often painful and inflamed. The swollen glands most often observed are located on the neck, in the armpit, and in the groin. Certain malignant tumors tend to “travel” along the lymphatics; surgical removal of all nodes that are suspected of being involved in the spread of such malignancies is an accepted therapeutic procedure.

If his situation turns out to be half as bad as this sounds, I think we can finally all come to the consensus that we are cursed as a basketball program.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I found his on Yahoo, about issue.

Can we get a second opinion?

Informational only, no first hand information here. Nodes need to be evaluated, especially if multiple. The vast majority are a sign of infection, either bacterial or viral and disappear when the infection clears up. In his age group, mono is a possibility if he is also very fatigued. Persistent ones need biopsied. Mine turned out to be cancer 10 years ago.  I'm sure his physicians are on top of this and it will not be a problem when the infection clears. Flu with cough, sore throats, and laryngitis have been rampant in Lincoln lately.

Are we the most beat up team in the Big Ten, aside from maybe Indiana, right now?

I'm also taking into account significance of who is injured. No Morrow and a very limited Watson plus Gill who was our 6th man and playing 20 ish minutes a game. Those are significant losses.

9 minutes ago, khoock said:

Are we the most beat up team in the Big Ten, aside from maybe Indiana, right now?

I'm also taking into account significance of who is injured. No Morrow and a very limited Watson plus Gill who was our 6th man and playing 20 ish minutes a game. Those are significant losses.

It's probably between us Michigan State and Indiana for the "most beat up team in the B1G" prize this year (maybe Ohio State would have an argument with Bates-Diop going down).  But those other guys replace their injured 4* and 5* guys with 3* and 4* players and we don't have that luxury.  So based on roster depth alone, we've suffered the most for sure.

11 minutes ago, 49r said:

It's probably between us Michigan State and Indiana for the "most beat up team in the B1G" prize this year (maybe Ohio State would have an argument with Bates-Diop going down).  But those other guys replace their injured 4* and 5* guys with 3* and 4* players and we don't have that luxury.  So based on roster depth alone, we've suffered the most for sure.

I was also gonna throw out Michigan State as I remember they lost to bigs way early but couldn't remember how impactful they were or would have been.

Edited by khoock

• 2 weeks later...

**Miles said freshman wing Isaiah Roby is still receiving around-the-clock treatment on what he called a “moderate” ankle sprain that Roby suffered in the final minutes of Tuesday’s win over Penn State. That includes ice and even acupuncture treatments to speed up his recovery as much as possible.

Miles said Roby was on crutches immediately after the PSU game, but was walking normally under his own power on Thursday. Roby didn’t practice on Friday, and his status for Ohio State remains highly in doubt.

“I don’t know how much we’ll do with him,” Miles said. “I would say that it’s 50/50 at best that he even dresses out.”

***As for the rest of the injury report, Miles said sophomore guard Glynn Watson (groin) is much healthier than he was earlier this month, but said sophomore forward Edward Morrow is still fighting through the foot injury that has plagued him most of the conference season.

Miles said Morrow practiced some on Friday and is expected to “be in the lineup right away” at Ohio State.” That means freshman center Jordy Tshimanga will once again get the start with Morrow coming off the bench.