Injury Updates

aphilso1

14 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Is there something off the board I'm missing here? Seemed like an unnecessarily hostile response. I'd really like to know if Watson might be limited tonight.

We will play nice.  The Watson info was third hand information so I was curious if anybody else has heard the same?  He got clipped pretty good on Purdue's last possession. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, aphilso1 said:

Unfortunately, this team is pretty nicked up right now, and there are various threads with questions about different players' health.  For convenience, I thought we may want to combine them into one place.  Current injuries include:

1. Copeland's recovery, and status with NCAA regarding medical redshirt

2. Morrow's foot - game-time decision for MSU, ??? for Iowa

3. Webster's ankle

4. Gill's ACL recovery

5. Roby's hip

6. Jacobson's illness

7. Chimichanga's foot - left practice on 1/31 in a walking boot.  Promptly followed up with breakout game on 2/2.  SMH

8. Watson's groin - playing through it

Edited the original post based on current known injury status.  Although at this point, keeping up-to-date on our team's health feels a lot like herding cats.

Washut talked to Miles, and Miles said he hadn't heard that from Ed or the trainers, just the media, so probably/hopefully not true. That would be our luck however.

Rosenthal tweeted that Ed was out, check his tweet. And Chris Bassett or whatever his name is tweeted it as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

How does Ed go from a game time decision on Thursday, to not practicing Saturday and already scratched for Sunday?  Not saying we're snake bit but...oh hey, is that a rattler over there?

Ed was never a gametime decision for these last games. I would believe the out for the year talk before any gametime decision talk as that is probably just to screw with opponents.  Ed's original goal was to come back in mid February but I don't know that he's made any progress in walking without pain. They weren't going to MRI the foot again until that happened. I haven't heard of a repeat MRI yet but could've missed it I guess.  That's why I wouldn't believe he's anywhere near being a gametime decision.