Injury Updates

aphilso1

Unfortunately, this team is pretty nicked up right now, and there are various threads with questions about different players' health.  For convenience, I thought we may want to combine them into one place.  Current injuries include:

1. Copeland's recovery, and status with NCAA regarding medical redshirt

2. Morrow's foot - out vs. Iowa

3. Webster's ankle

4. Gill's ACL recovery

5. Roby's hip - seems to maybe be OKish now?

6. Jacobson's illness

7. Chimichanga's foot - left practice on 1/31 in a walking boot.  Promptly followed up with breakout game on 2/2.  SMH

8. Watson's groin - probable vs. Iowa

Edited by aphilso1

I kind of think Tai will have no residual issues Thursday.  He did roll his ankle, but I think his tank was empty.  He played hard for 30+ minutes.  He would have had another 37 to 38 minute outing today.  Every time he went to the hole today, he took a pounding.  Plus, he was chasing wings from one end to the court to the other.  I was tired just watching him.

2 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I kind of think Tai will have no residual issues Thursday.  He did roll his ankle, but I think his tank was empty.  He played hard for 30+ minutes.  He would have had another 37 to 38 minute outing today.  Every time he went to the hole today, he took a pounding.  Plus, he was chasing wings from one end to the court to the other.  I was tired just watching him.

Tai balled out!!

Sure glad Jack & Jeriah hit a whole slew of shots. MUCH NEEDED!!!

I think Ed will be back on Thursday. He practiced leading up to today's game, maybe thought Purdues gigantic, talented front court wasn't the best game to test out the foot. Idk.

Regardless, if we get back a healthy Ed I like our chances to make some type of post season tourney.

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska has lost 3 straight, then won 4 straight, then went out & lost 5 straight.... now back to a W today!!!! Only 5 more W's to go... :D

Maybe the pattern is:

Go 4-3, then 1-3, go 4-3, then 1-3?

WWWWLLL

WLLL

WWWWLLL
LLW

Remaining outcome:

L

WWWWLLL

W

Finish: 15-15 (9-9)

We're going to need to do better than this... :(

Edited by HuskerFever

7 hours ago, thattimeofyear said:

Guess something to keep an eye on as well is isaiahs hip flexor has been bothering him since before the last northwestern game. Not the same hip issue he was out with earlier though. 

Great news that it's not related to his previous injury, not so good news that he's dealing with this at all. Thanks for the update. He's had some nice plays defensively. You can kind of see the tentativeness on the offensive end but not being 100% explains some of that. Still waiting for that big breakout game but it's coming!

20 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

What about the first 150 non student fans who leave the game?

I have a special message for the Husker fans that sit to the right of me...please give up your tickets to people that might want to actually attend the game.  The two seats next to me have had people in them for maybe 5 games this season.  Yeah the ones that leave early are just as frustrating as the ones that almost never show up.  I couldn't believe when I saw people leaving with 7 minutes left in the game the other night.