uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 21 - Purdue

hhcmatt

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

No.  Actually, I've never seen women dressed like that anywhere ever.  And specifically not at CU games.  Though maybe they're hanging out in the Creighton Ambassador's Room.

(The older brunette looks like she's modeling for "Plastic Surgeries Gone Wrong.")

Nobody looks "older" to me.

2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Ed Chang was one of them. Not sure about the rest.

Then that was Ed right in front of me. He looked like him but I did not think he was 6'7+. Seemed more like 6'5 but I am not always a good judge. His friends had Husker gear on so hopefully that is a good sign but he was on his phone a lot so not sure how into the game he was but a lot of the kids are like that unfortunately.

7 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I guess I didn't realize until I actually watched the game... Tai sat a lot at the end.  And we pulled it out!  Also, Miles use of Tai as a sub the last 2 minutes was phenomenal.

I agree. I believe Miles stated on radio that Tai wanted to be in to inbound the ball and then wanted Evan to sub in for defense because he was gassed and ankle was throbbing. 

On 1/29/2017 at 9:18 PM, huskercwg said:

Miles did mention Isaiah in his post game interview.  Needless to say, Isaiah is now the player on the "hot" seat whereby his practices et al will dictate playing time.  I said this in an earlier thread, I believe Isaiah has a boatload of talent and is going to be a great one.  But at this moment, his inability to play physical and his reluctance in taking his shots and the appearance of a lack of confidence all are working against him.

Talk about hitting the nail right on the head.

15 minutes ago, thattimeofyear said:

Talk about hitting the nail right on the head.

For someone like Isaiah who completely dominated on the high school level based on pure talent I'm sure it's a bit of a shock when you start playing Big Ten teams.  He's going to be a good one and will eventually be the face of our program IMO.  Not sure if it will be this year, but eventually the game will slow down for him and his offensive abilities will begin to take over. 

Agreed - the flashes Roby shows are things we haven't seen out of true freshmen very often around here. His instincts in passing and shot blocking are things that you don't teach.

I'm sure he like everyone else wishes it was going faster, but he'll get there & be a great one. 

We've seen huge jumps in consistency from Watson and Morrow in year 2, and I'd expect Roby to follow suit. Working hard in that first off-season, getting stronger and understanding what improvements need to be made, will allow him to take that big step forward.

16 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

One thing I noticed when re-watching the game was that Taylor finds Horne for easy buckets. I was surprised to see that Taylor only had 2 assists

ET is the man. Glad he's been able to produce so many heady plays, particularly in the clutch. That block of the Purdue guard who had a breakaway layup was at a CRUCIAL point in the ballgame.

8 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Any word at all on Tai's ankle? I am sort of waiting to hear whether he is 100% to make my prediction on Thursday's game.

Nothing official yet, the presser tomorrow will be interesting. I would say that unless he's near death, Tai will play, yet as we all saw recently, how effectively #0 is playing during the game really is the sole concern at this point... Webster has taken a lot of punishment driving in the lane & on D, too.

Edited by AuroranHusker
*For clarity*

16 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I guess I didn't realize until I actually watched the game... Tai sat a lot at the end.  And we pulled it out!  Also, Miles use of Tai as a sub the last 2 minutes was phenomenal.

I could see Tai was running on fumes at about the 4 minute mark.  During the timeout, he could barely catch his breath and didn't object at all to sitting out get some much needed rest.

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

I could see Tai was running on fumes at about the 4 minute mark.  During the timeout, he could barely catch his breath and didn't object at all to sitting out get some much needed rest.

Tai has been running on fumes for awhile now.  He hasn't had the same level of energy since about the first of the year.  You can see he just looks gassed at times.  He can still dig deep from time to time and turn it on but I've noticed over the last several home games that he just appears more tired more quickly in games. 

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Tai has been running on fumes for awhile now.  He hasn't had the same level of energy since about the first of the year.  You can see he just looks gassed at times.  He can still dig deep from time to time and turn it on but I've noticed over the last several home games that he just appears more tired more quickly in games. 

Well, 38 minutes per game in the Big Ten is fairly brutal. Tai is a gamer, though, he'll press on. NU needs a bit extra from Horne, Roby and/or McTrey going forward; and, of course, Eddie is needed back in the front court asap.

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

We're desperate for wins, and he's crazy important to us in terms of getting those very things.

Losses to GW have made us desperate.  Had we picked up a couple more non-con wins, I bet he wouldn't be playing quite so many minutes now.

But what can you do?