Signs the stars are aligning

Norm Peterson

I think next year will be good because we can run like a Fox up the floor and won't have to Walker up.  We will hopefully have pleanty of Talleys in the assist and scoring columns leading to some Harley style dunks.  The program will be Miles ahead of this year, and will hopefull be considered a Bear.

Norm said, "And seeing the name of a Husker player as B1G rookie of the week makes me wonder if that ol' worm isn't starting to turn."

Another positive sign is the performance of Colorado St. this year with players signed by Tim Miles. Colorado St. Is 15-3 so far, with wins over Washington (73-55), Virginia Tech (88-52), and UNLV (66-61); and losses to Colorado (70-61) and #16 San Diego St. (79-72 OT). In their latest game (UNLV), for example, all of the 7 Rams who played were signed by Tim Miles, except for one who had 2 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 turnover.

I hope you are correct as the Colorado St. roster is a mixture of Jucos, RS freshman and sophmores, and a familiar name in transfer Colton Iverson who is the leading scorer.  Miles overall record at Colorado St of 71-88 and a Mountain West record of 28-50 still gives me a wait and see attitude.

You know, if only the Huskers could hold Cerv from here on out at home, Downing everyone who came into the BDSC, I'll bet every Farmer living West of Lincoln would take their Glock and go Fox hunting. 

However, with today's cost of ammo, they'll want to shop around for a Bargen price on bullets.

this was inspired.

Miles overall record at Colorado St of 71-88 and a Mountain West record of 28-50 still gives me a wait and see attitude.

In the immortal words of Mark Twain (or someone), there are three kinds of lies:  lies, damn lies, and statistics.

If you look at Miles' CSU record without any context, then I can see how you would be worried about his record there.  But you have to remember that Miles took over a dumpster fire at CSU.  They won no conference games his first season; they reached the NCAA tourney his last season.  You have to take into account the turnaround.  You can't judge his tenure by looking at the losses his first season.  Same thing here.