WBB: Game #21 @ Ohio State

Row6Seat10

Actually played a better game. We looked pretty organized, just missed to many shots, and didn't defend consistently. And still to many turnovers that were helped by OSU...but mostly done to ourselves.

Most noticable was  our weak defense, but we played an excellent team.

But overall improved play offensively. Hannah is clearly the point guard of the future, she just has the head (and abilities) for the position. When she gets a better short game around the lane, she'll be even more valuable. Her defense is getting better as she has adapted to the college game.

Jess played much better today. She looks in better condition, played strong throughout the game. Played very determined. Had some nice assists and passes. Give her a 9.5...she was awesome.

There were a few phantom fouls, but we must learn to defend before the shot, not when it's too late.  Hopefully that should come with experience.

We just got out shot...every OSU player can shoot for to many points.

Edited by redsteve

Can't expect much more from Jess 33 minutes on the floor 28 points 13 rebounds 4 assists 2 fouls. Hopefully some of her critics watched this game and saw how hard she worked. Cannot expect much more out of the a post player hopefully everyone realizes how special of player we are lucky to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, leichleiter2 said:

Can't expect much more from Jess 33 minutes on the floor 28 points 13 rebounds 4 assists 2 fouls. Hopefully some of her critics watched this game and saw how hard she worked. Cannot expect much more out of the a post player hopefully everyone realizes how special of player we are lucky to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was probably her best game in a Husker uniform. 

no doubt, osu built to score. not overly impressed when they have to fall back into their defense. i thought they would have a great shot at winning the big ten this season. still do, but....i can see where they run into problems with teams that have above average (or better) play on both sides of the court. maybe they were just going through the motions with the huskers, but, i question whether osu can make a big run in the ncaa's. i admit, only about 3rd time i have seen osu this season. 

anyway, my gosh, the turnovers. smh. were a few times where the husker guards caught the ball near the half court during the press and could have taken off across the line, but, instead were looking for that extra pass-------GO!!! huskers had stretches where offense had their moments, even when they didn't score. too bad they couldn't have taken advantage in that first half when osu was struggling a bit----just turned it over too much. would like grace a few more chances to pull the trigger------but, one of the problems is, is she is set up 10ft out or more, no one there to rebound but maybe jess (or washington). overall, not a huge bust-----i was afraid of this one really getting out of hand.

10 hours ago, Row6Seat10 said:

Difference of opinion, those numbers were against a mediocre Michigan team today's performance was against the 15th ranked team on their home court.

Fair. She played very well. It was her best game of this season, without question. Encouraging. 

Minnesota - Ohio State without as much talent - is beatable. 

7 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

no doubt, minny is beatable at PBA. i could see a win against wiscy, but, being at Kohl makes it a bit more difficult. don't want to say the huskers couldn't pull off a win with any of the other games at PBA---------just that minny and wiscy offer best chances. 

Yes, they do.