Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bugeaters1

Creighton

93 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, HB said:

Interesting description by his mom about his basketball injury--"My son was catastrophically injured".   Seems a bit over the top for two torn knee ligaments.  No, ligament tears are injuries.   Injuries causing permanent paralysis or traumatic brain injuries are catastrophic.   Never walking again is catastrophic.   And missing a basketball season isn't catastrophic, it's disappointing.   Not trying to be too hard on the parents, but taking normal life events and over-describing them perhaps causes a certain entitlement perspective for the kids.  Well, now it's about to get real. 

"Catastrophic" will more aptly describe the impact this horrible decision will have on the trajectory of his life.

Patton would be insane to go pro, he needs at least one additional year in college, IF he attended second semester classes :)

On 3/22/2017 at 7:06 PM, huskercwg said:

Patton would be insane to go pro, he needs at least one additional year in college, IF he attended second semester classes :)

43 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Patton is going to the NBA. Might be the best news in a while.

So, apparently this Patton kid is insane.  

Just what I heard.

he'll be a first rounder but probably could have worked himself into a top 5-10 pick if he came back next year.

Posted (edited)

Not surprised to see him do this at all. I'll be more surprised if he slips past 20. It was a weak class for centers before any injury concerns about Giles had been raised. He gets his paycheck and the best coaching and skills work in the world. The only thing coming back would have accomplished would be adding some bulk. Not exactly something that can't be done as a professional. If you have the talent to play in the league, and I 100% believe he does, playing in college does little to prepare you more for the transition

Edited by bleujay

On 1/26/2017 at 0:55 PM, 49r said:

I never said this. The Reply thing is broken. The Russian hackers are at it again

308153_original.jpg

On 1/26/2017 at 0:55 PM, 49r said:

We are two buzzer-beaters away from having a better league record than Creighton right now.

Not that it means a GOD DAMN thing, but you know...

308153_original.jpg

After seeing the injury to Mo Watson, I'd leave early too if I'm projected first round by every mock draft. He's already spent 2 years in college. Go get paid.

Not sure this belongs here or warrants its own thread (dimes you can be the decider here) but I took a look at the 2017 mock draft and wow...

With one exception, the entire lottery is projected to go to Freshmen (the exception being an international player).  In the ENTIRE first round there projects to be TWO college juniors and ONE college senior.

NBA's one-and-done rule is ruining College basketball...

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

So are you saying it would be better to let HS kids go direct to the NBA?

It would leave us with mostly guys who will probably stay 4 years.

Then, all we'd have to do is solve the transfer issue in a way that benefits us so that we can still milk the bluebloods but don't have to deal with people leaving us.  Unless we want them to leave.

On 4/6/2017 at 3:32 PM, 49r said:

Not sure this belongs here or warrants its own thread (dimes you can be the decider here) but I took a look at the 2017 mock draft and wow...

I have zero problem with a thread about Creighton being derailed by something else as opposed to vice versa for once ;)