Creighton

Bugeaters1

• 3 weeks later...

@trickey - Rumors are flying over at https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/ 

I'm not going to post the discussion permalink because rumors/innuendo so if you're curious go check at your own risk, there's a thread on the first page.  I'm not sure anyone here or many people anywhere really "knows" the situation, please keep that in mind.

Even if true, this shouldn't have much of an effect on team chemistry or their prospects for the rest of the season I'd imagine but still, not a great look overall.  Again, they're only rumors at this point.

19 minutes ago, 49r said:

@trickey - Rumors are flying over at https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/ 

I'm not going to post the discussion permalink because rumors/innuendo so if you're curious go check at your own risk, there's a thread on the first page.  I'm not sure anyone here or many people anywhere really "knows" the situation, please keep that in mind.

Even if true, this shouldn't have much of an effect on team chemistry or their prospects for the rest of the season I'd imagine but still, not a great look overall.  Again, they're only rumors at this point.

Could be in DEEP SHIT if what they said is true.

3 hours ago, trickey said:

Done "this"? What is this? Do you/or anyone else know what he did?

No, not for sure but don't sound great. So by what he did, I currently mean get suspended.  Fairly confident it is kind of bad.  I have quietly wondered how some of these guys get into an "elite" school like Creighton where the likes of Double Douche etc. have gone.  It is starting to become more clear. 

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay I had to go to one or two of their message boards.  The rumor on campus is not only assult but with a minor.  

In college that is always that  fine line with how old somebody is.  

Too bad either way.

In Nebraska there are may different versions of sexual assualt. They go anywhere from mandatory minimums of 25 years to a misdemeanor.

I would bet the most likely provision in this type of college scenario is a situation where the alleged victim is incapacitated and unable to resist. Here is the statute:

§ 28-320. Sexual assault; second or third degree; penalty

(1)     Any person who subjects another person to sexual contact (a) without consent of the victim, or (b) who knew or should have known that the victim was physically or mentally incapable of resisting or appraising the nature of his or her conduct is guilty of sexual assault in either the second degree or third degree.
(2)     Sexual assault shall be in the second degree and is a Class IIA felony if the actor shall have caused serious personal injury to the victim.
(3)     Sexual assault shall be in the third degree and is a Class I misdemeanor if the actor shall not have caused serious personal injury to the victim.

Cite as Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-320

Just my wild uninformed guess, but this is the most likely scenario in the college experience.

3 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay I had to go to one or two of their message boards.  The rumor on campus is not only assult but with a minor.  

In college that is always that  fine line with how old somebody is.  

Too bad either way.

In todays OWH it stated that the victim was a student at Creighton.

9 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Things going from bad to worse.  Yikes!

Hmmmmmmmmm, when Tommy Armstrong's investigation was ongoing quite a few of the holier than thou fanbase was quick to dig his grave and throw dirt on the football program.  Now, it's innocent until proven guilty and let's pray for Mo and the victim.   

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Hmmmmmmmmm, when Tommy Armstrong's investigation was ongoing quite a few of the holier than thou fanbase was quick to dig his grave and throw dirt on the football program.  Now, it's innocent until proven guilty and let's pray for Mo and the victim.   

Yeah I went over there again and found that to be rather interesting too.

I am unsure why this is on Creighton per se.  This is a young man, who if guilty, made an egregious mistake, one that he will pay severely for, and one that a young lady will be emotionally and perhaps physically scarred.  The University did not do this.  If they did try to hide something, and it becomes factual, then I will jump on the bash Creighton bandwagon.  That is what Baylor did, and their program seems to be paying the consequence of their actions..  But again, at this point, nothing is proven and my distain will need to wait until allegations becomes fact.