Creighton

Bugeaters1

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Such is life. Graduate to a real league. Get pounded on the road by a middling team. Guess that one dude was the team after all.

Haha ok but let's not act like Rutgers is head and shoulders above Georgetown let's be real here. We haven't won a game without Ed and our two best players are still on the court. 

36 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Haha ok but let's not act like Rutgers is head and shoulders above Georgetown let's be real here. We haven't won a game without Ed and our two best players are still on the court. 

Nebraska isn't a team that had Final Four aspirations either.  It's a little surprising that losing Watson has effected them so negatively, at least in these first couple of games.  I still imagine they'll be able to get things sorted out but it's gonna be a bit of a bumpy ride probably until they do.

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

Nebraska isn't a team that had Final Four aspirations either.  It's a little surprising that losing Watson has effected them so negatively, at least in these first couple of games.  I still imagine they'll be able to get things sorted out but it's gonna be a bit of a bumpy ride probably until they do.

He was leading the nation in assists and was a top 5 point guard in the nation by several analysts so I can understand there being a drop off. But you're right, the drop off has been much worse than I thought it would be too. It's also easy for us to critique them when we're from the outside looking in. Can you imagine if this Husker team was somehow 18-1 and had Final Four aspirations....and then we suddenly lose Tai mid-season. I'd be standing on the edge of the Woodmen Tower right now.

44 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

He was leading the nation in assists and was a top 5 point guard in the nation by several analysts so I can understand there being a drop off. But you're right, the drop off has been much worse than I thought it would be too. It's also easy for us to critique them when we're from the outside looking in. Can you imagine if this Husker team was somehow 18-1 and had Final Four aspirations....and then we suddenly lose Tai mid-season. I'd be standing on the edge of the Woodmen Tower right now.

And a bunch of guys wearing blue sweeter vests would have their heads stuck out their widows shouting "JUMP, JUMP";)

Heard that that win last night was Georgetown's first conference win over a team that wasn't St. John's or DePaul in exactly 364 days. An argument could also be made that the highest rated recruit Georgetown has had in quite some time, is currently enrolled at the University of Nebraska. GTown has seemed like a dumpster fire and sadly for them, that win last night is an excuse to keep JT3 around. I'll take the bottom of the Big Ten over the bottom of the Big East any day of the year. 

2 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

Can you imagine if our best post player hurt his foot and we haven't won a game since and people assume you are dropping close games because SAME OLD NEBRASKA.

On 1/25/2017 at 9:52 PM, hhcdimes said:

It's like....hard to overcome the loss of a key player on your team?

It looks like Creighton has managed to figure out life after Mo pretty well now.  Pretty quick adjustment.  League title is probably out the window now for them, but a deep tourney run may just be back on the table.

They are good, but nothing great about them at all.  Teams with guys like Clement playing very much don't typically make deep tourney runs.  The game last night was simply a product of them shooting the three way better than they are at it, and Butler shooting it far worse than they are at it.  Was only watching since I had large under wager, not because I particularly care about Creighton.  Some sneaky under chances have been presented due to the injury. 

25 minutes ago, royalfan said:

They are good, but nothing great about them at all.  Teams with guys like Clement playing very much don't typically make deep tourney runs.  The game last night was simply a product of them shooting the three way better than they are at it, and Butler shooting it far worse than they are at it.  Was only watching since I had large under wager, not because I particularly care about Creighton.  Some sneaky under chances have been presented due to the injury. 

Coach Mac was 'so proud' to announce that "Let It Fly" is their team mantra. It's kind of a ridiculous statement. I guess if everybody shoots 45% from the land of plenty it might be pertinent. Maybe they do.... I don't watch enough (or, is that I've already watched more than enough?).