2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

Good to get a series win on the road, and I think overall Minny is a quality opponent.  They had the conf. lead before the series.  Now we need to keep the intensity up and win games like Omaha.  Now the schedule shifts and we play teams in the bottom half of the league.  Need to win all of those series considering that.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

So much for not hitting Omaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't think we are still hitting them very well.  :D

It was enough, but off the bat I thought it was a pop-up to right center.  Either he got more of the ball than I thought or the wind carried it. 

15 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I know this may seem like a crazy idea.  I would give Burkamper an inning to try to right the ship.  He has struggled the last 3 outings.  He is 0 - 2 with a 7.94 ERA.  He has avg. under 4 innings a start in that time. 

Actually not a bad idea...I do love the bats coming alive as well.

Nice win.  3 home runs accounted for 9 runs.  Good pitching.  It would be huge if we can go to Columbus and get a sweep.  Ohio State is not a very good team, but if you find that one pitcher that shuts us down, we could lose.

I think our goal should be a conference championship.  Kind of disappointed we didn't win one in our first 5 years. 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:38 PM, brfrad said:

Nice win.  3 home runs accounted for 9 runs.  Good pitching.  It would be huge if we can go to Columbus and get a sweep.  Ohio State is not a very good team, but if you find that one pitcher that shuts us down, we could lose.

I think our goal should be a conference championship.  Kind of disappointed we didn't win one in our first 5 years. 

Unfortunately, when you don't have a talented offense, we can shut ourselves down at times against mediocre pitching. 

From the stock report on D1 baseball:

SAFELY IN: Michigan, Maryland, Indiana

ON THE BUBBLE (IN): Nebraska

ON THE BUBBLE (OUT): Minnesota

Kind of annoying we have a better record, conference record, won the head to head (2-0-1), we are 6-6 vs the top 50 compared to 2-5 for Indiana, we are 10-7 against the top 100, Indiana is 8-9 - yet they have Indiana safely in and us on the bubble. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

From the stock report on D1 baseball:
SAFELY IN: Michigan, Maryland, Indiana

ON THE BUBBLE (IN): Nebraska

ON THE BUBBLE (OUT): Minnesota

Kind of annoying we have a better record, conference record, won the head to head (2-0-1), we are 6-6 vs the top 50 compared to 2-5 for Indiana, we are 10-7 against the top 100, Indiana is 8-9 - yet they have Indiana safely in and us on the bubble. 

Something's awful fishy

42 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Something's awful fishy

16 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Why is Indiana's RPI so high?

Honestly having trouble figuring out how they are 12 spots above us in the RPI. Seems like our top 50 and top 100 record would be enough for us to leap frog them. Hopefully the committee will see that we basically swept them on the road, and keep that in consideration. 

Honestly having trouble figuring out how they are 12 spots above us in the RPI. Seems like our top 50 and top 100 record would be enough for us to leap frog them. Hopefully the committee will see that we basically swept them on the road, and keep that in consideration. 

Indiana and Maryland play this weekend, so either Indiana RPI will go south or it will go up

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Why is Indiana's RPI so high?

#17 SOS and they have 15 road/neutral wins.  21 games against the top 100 RPI compared to us who have played 17 games against the top 100.  Although, we have more games against the top 50.  That's okay...we won the series at their place...the more winning they do the better.