2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

Here's the possible seeding depending on the outcome of today's three key games:

Nebraska: 1, 2, 3

Minnesota: 1, 2, 3

Michigan: 1, 2, 4

Maryland: 3, 4

Iowa: 5

Indiana: 6

Northwestern: 7

Purdue: 8

Michigan State: 9

Illinois: 10, 11 (depending on RPI if OSU wins)

Ohio State: 11, 10 (depending on RPI if OSU wins)

Rutgers: 12

Penn State: 13

If Nebraska wins and Michigan wins: Neb 1, Mich 2, Minn 3, Mary 4 (NU plays Purdue)

If Nebraska wins and Michigan loses: Neb 1, Minn 2, Mary 3, Mich 4 (NU plays Purdue)

If Nebraska loses and Michigan wins: Mich 1, Minn 2, Neb 3, Mary 4 (NU plays Indiana)

If Nebraska loses and Michigan loses: Minn 1, Neb 2, Mary 3, Mich 4 (NU plays Northwestern)

The team has displayed a number of warts throughout the year.  But they have that certain "it" perhaps "it" is grit or focus.  They will have a hiccup and then recover.  As mentioned earlier, they were in a somewhat similar position last year, and laid an egg.  This team seems different...we shall soon see.

Nebraska rankings as of May 22:

21st: D1Baseball.com Top 25

22nd: Baseball America

23rd: USA Today Coaches' Poll

28th: NCBWA (Updated May 15)

42nd: RPI

Well the RPI move any in the postseason play or do they throw that out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey guys just found out this existed.

Image result for we just heard this place existed

I can't wait for Wednesday, they need a much better showing than last year. Although the Maryland/Iowa second game kind of gives me pause. 

Hopefully this can be a spring board for our other major men's sports. It is possible for Nebraska to win a conference title.

Edited by Red Rum

4 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Hey guys just found out this existed.

Image result for we just heard this place existed

I can't wait for Wednesday, they need a much better showing than last year. Although the Maryland/Iowa second game kind of gives me pause. 

Hopefully this can be a spring board for our other major men's sports. It is possible for Nebraska to win a conference title.

I was thinking about that second game too, then I realized Minnesota, Michigan and Indiana are all on the other side. This conference is a lot more stacked top to bottom than it was 5 years ago. 

3 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I was thinking about that second game too, then I realized Minnesota, Michigan and Indiana are all on the other side. This conference is a lot more stacked top to bottom than it was 5 years ago. 

I think NU might have the better matchup possibilities in the early rounds than if the Huskers had been on the other half of the bracket.

Just read Chris Basnett's piece in the LJS this morning.  Evidently, we won the Big Ten championship in 2005 as well.  Which is kinda crazy beings we were in the Big Twelve back then.   Not sure how they pulled that one off, but our AD back then was Steve Pederson, so gotta give the guy credit for something.  That had to be some pretty creative scheduling.