2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

I've been known to 2nd guess Erstad, and again today, thought him and Silva left Meyers in too long.  It worked out thanks to a blunder by the Rutgers coach.  There was NO way I pitch to Luis with MOJO on deck and 1st base open.  That is why I love baseball so much.  It is easily the best sport to think you know it all.  If a manager does one thing, and you would do something different, and it doesn't work for the manager, you can pretend you are smart. 

27 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I've been known to 2nd guess Erstad, and again today, thought him and Silva left Meyers in too long.  It worked out thanks to a blunder by the Rutgers coach.  There was NO way I pitch to Luis with MOJO on deck and 1st base open.  That is why I love baseball so much.  It is easily the best sport to think you know it all.  If a manager does one thing, and you would do something different, and it doesn't work for the manager, you can pretend you are smart. 

Except Luis was absolutely scuffling at the plate.  Looked brutal all weekend.  I'd pitch to the guy in the slump in that situation.  Good for Luis scratching out a hit. 

In my mind a sweep in baseball is not easy regardless of the opponent.  Way to go, Big Red!  Now if they can win six of seven and position themselves well with at least a good run in the B1G Tourney they can hopefully avoid being a 3 seed in a Regional.  If they win a B1G Title of some kind hopefully the program will continue to build and eventually become one of national relevance.  Know that sounds crazy to many but I'm a dreamer.  And I don't like settling.  :o

24 minutes ago, mwm89 said:

In my mind a sweep in baseball is not easy regardless of the opponent.  Way to go, Big Red!  Now if they can win six of seven and position themselves well with at least a good run in the B1G Tourney they can hopefully avoid being a 3 seed in a Regional.  If they win a B1G Title of some kind hopefully the program will continue to build and eventually become one of national relevance.  Know that sounds crazy to many but I'm a dreamer.  And I don't like settling.  :o

Hosting isn't out of the question...

17 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

BTW, Do we know what the official standings are? Your information has us as 2 games ahead of Maryland but Warran Nolan has us tied with Maryland. 

8 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The big ten goes by percentage points. Huskers are at .694 and Maryland at .666

Big Ten's website shows the standings by percentage as well:

h8xNsUMvRb7MwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

http://www.bigten.org/library/stats/base-standings.html

Went from being possibly could be ranked last week according to D1 Baseball to getting jumped by Old Dominion.  Shows ya what they think of the Big 10.  

RPI still in the 40's!  While these sweeps are nice, they are also pretty necessary.  3-1 is a must this week, but 4-0 would be better.  

However, they still have Michigan strong about midway up in the top 25.  That's pretty crazy.

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Went from being possibly could be ranked last week according to D1 Baseball to getting jumped by Old Dominion.  Shows ya what they think of the Big 10.  

RPI still in the 40's!  While these sweeps are nice, they are also pretty necessary.  3-1 is a must this week, but 4-0 would be better.  

However, they still have Michigan strong about midway up in the top 25.  That's pretty crazy.

This past weekend was Nebraska's first sweep of the season. [At Indiana NU was 2-0-1]

48 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

That's the average current rpi for the teams we'll face in our 7 remaining games.

Dropping any of those would probably be rpi killers.  Fortunately, we get the best of those 3 teams at home.  Penn State's rpi is 229.  Need to get the sweep.

Need to go 5-1 in conference and win the other non-conference games.